Reporting into the Deputy Treasurer and with management responsibility for a Treasury Operations Assistant, this is a fantastic role for an experienced Treasury Accountant looking for a varied role in a leading, blue-chip organisation.
The Treasury Accountant will be responsible for the financial and management accounting of debt and treasury instruments including the preparation of monthly management accounts and semi-annual statutory accounts under IFRS.
The role will be broken down into five clear parts including: Accounting, Reporting, Market Intelligence & Analysis, and People & Processes.
- Primary responsibility for accurate and timely monthly treasury accounting
- Monthly reporting on treasury debt and interest exposures
- Monthly reporting for the financing groups
- Ownership of complex reconciliation files and resolution of monthly accounting issues
- Variance reporting analysis comparing actuals to forecast numbers and interpreting and communicating results to the business
- Preparation and completion of statutory reporting at year-end and half year-end,
- Testing and reporting of derivatives in accordance with relevant accounting standards (e.g. IAS 39)
- Semi-annual statutory reporting for treasury of debt, interest and all financial instruments
- Monthly preparation of Treasury Dashboard
- Quarterly EMIR reconciliations of derivatives with banking counterparties
- Monthly cashflow reforecast of Treasury debt, interest and costs
- Agreement of data for payments of non-utilisation fees on banking facilities
As a qualified financial accountant (ideally ACCA or CIMA), you will have advanced technical skills in financial accounting and 3-5 years’ post qualification experience within a finance / treasury function.
With excellent attention to detail and accuracy, you will pride yourself on being able to assess detail quickly, whilst maintaining strategic focus. You will be an analytical thinker and possess excellent ability to interpret data.
With strong interpersonal skills, you will be able to build strong relationships in the company and be a confident communicator.
You will pride yourself on being able to think on your feet and respond effectively to changing priorities and deadlines.
You will possess advanced Excel skills and be competent using a variety of Treasury systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading name in the industry in a high profile and varied role.