An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Treasury Accountant to join a small and newly established treasury team, based in West Sussex.
Whilst basic functionality has been implemented, the function requires significant development in an evolving organisation to provide the support necessary for the business. The Treasury Accountant will be a key part of the development and be heavily involved in improving accounting and other functionality to the level required in a rapidly changing environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the recording and reporting of all transactions generated by treasury
- Preparing the necessary quarter and year end accounting notes with respect to Treasury and related activities
- Provding ad-hoc support to business units or Group Finance
- Managing the control framework within treasury
- Supporting the Head of Treasury with policy compliance and reporting
- Providing support to the Head of Treasury and Treasury Analyst as back up for key operating tasks as appropriate
- Working with internal and external auditors and treasury committee members to ensure compliance with policies and facility requirements
- Managing and providing administrator and super-user support for all Treasury systems
The successful candidate must have a recognised accounting qualification (ACCA/AMCT/CIMA or equivalent) with strong TMS and related systems experience.
They must possess a detailed understanding and experience of FX, cash management and external funding facilities, as well as involvement in using risk management techniques relating to FX and Interest rate exposures.
This highly visible and high pressure role presents an opportunity for an experienced treasury accountant with an interest in systems to assist and grow the function and utilise their accounting and reporting knowledge to develop a leading edge treasury team
It presents an opportunity to broaden their skills within a small team in an evolving and challenging environment and to take charge of their career development.