We are proudly and exclusively supporting a global recruitment process business with over 7000 employees who deliver their services in over 90 countries.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Accounting and Operations, our client is seeking to appoint their first Head of Treasury. The overall purpose of this role is to direct the Treasury activities of the Group including the effective management of the Group’s funding and liquidity, banking and rating agency relations, foreign exchange and interest rate risks, trade finance and credit risk. The Group operates a centralised treasury function.
Key accountabilities of the position include;
- defining and implementing the strategies, plans, policies, and procedures to manage the treasury risks facing the group
- ensure compliance with group treasury policy and own the group treasury policy to ensure it is updated and refreshed as and when necessary
- establish and lead the treasury committee in discussions related to treasury reports and board reports
- effectively manage bank and rating agency relationships and monitoring the group’s banking covenants
- developing and managing relationships with the group’s syndicate of lenders
- playing a key role in supporting the CFO in refinancing activities
- assessment and management of all business-related financial risks including FX, interest rate and counterparty risk management
- assessment and implementation of the active hedging program in accordance with group policy
- driving improvement in the management of cash and borrowings across the group including driving a working capital maximisation program
- implementation and maintenance of robust controls related to treasury matters
- management of all day-to-day cash management, cash flow forecasting and all electronic banking systems
- provide input to acquisitions and disposals including due diligence, sale and purchase agreements and post-deal integration
- working as an integral part of the Group’s Finance Leadership Team in addressing the challenges facing the Group’s finance function as it embarks on a period of significant growth and geographical expansion
- preparing the group for exit readiness – trade sale, IPO, or private equity buyer from a treasury perspective
The ideal candidate will either be a qualified treasury professional, AMCT or equivalent or a qualified accountant with at least 8 years’ treasury expertise gained in an international corporate environment.
They will be an individual who is keen to develop their career within a dynamic and entrepreneurial business. A dynamic self-starter who is prepared to take an active role in the development of operational duties and at the same time prepared to ‘roll their sleeves up” given the hands-on style of the wider senior management team.
In addition, you will:
- possess knowledge of the FX markets and a good understanding of how to assess what to hedge in a complex international services business and able to measure the effectiveness of the hedges that are put in place
- have sound commercial judgment, strong intellect, and the confidence to take the lead in negotiations with both internal and external counterparties
- have excellent people management skills including the ability to question and work with senior management whilst delegating and reviewing workloads
- be approachable and diplomatic, whilst being assertive, confident, and able to work as part of a team
- possess effective communication skills, be well organised and able to multi-task
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a Private Equity backed business with a strong leadership team driving growth globally. In this role you will be able to progress your career by working with a group of highly experienced stakeholders.
You will have the autonomy to be an integral partner to the businesses and expand your industry knowledge, as well as the licence to improve processes and suggest improvements to drive growth and performance.
Our client adopts a modern approach to work / life balance and flexible working.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via email@example.com or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.