Anglian Water Group
We are delighted to have been retained by Anglian Water Group in their search for an Assistant Treasurer, focused on Debt and Operations. The role itself will sit within their Huntingdon office and due to the “hands-on” nature of this role, the need to be onsite 3 to 4 days a week is needed. AWG can offer a relocation package for the right individual. Check out this Google Maps link to Anglian Water’s Huntingdon Offices
AWG are open to Flexible Working i.e., someone wanting to work 3 to 4 days per week
If your interested in this opportunity but require more flexibility around working from home, be sure to check out the Assistant Treasurer role with AWG which is focused around Risk & Sustainable Financing here.
AWG, Anglian Water Group are a multi award winning business founded on the supply of water and the water cycle supply. The Group supply water and water recycling services to almost seven million domestic and business customers in the East of England and Hartlepool. Their services are at the heart of every single family and community in the region. They clean water to the highest standard, deliver it to millions of homes, and carefully manage it to ensure it never runs out.
They are the largest water and water recycling company in England and Wales by geographic area. They are also one of the driest regions in the country, with just 600 millimetres of rain each year, on average a third less than the rest of England. In fact, some areas have a lower annual rainfall than Jerusalem. That is why it is vital that they look after the water that they have.
Reporting to the Group Treasurer, the role will take primary responsibility for the control and management of Group Treasury Operations and Debt.
Key responsibilities include:
- effective and efficient running of the operational aspects of the Treasury Team ensuring all treasury, pension and banking transactions, ensuring appropriate daily liquidity is maintained, and all applicable entries are made in the treasury management system
- management of the relationship with Tier 2 lenders ensuring fair distribution of wallet based on supportive relationships vs Tier 1 Lenders
- development of the Treasury Management System and other Treasury solutions to improve efficiency, maintain control, and enable better visibility and accuracy of treasury transactions
- the management of relationships with the Group’s account bank
Leadership of daily Treasury Operations include:
- the supervision and leadership of the cross treasury dealing team, for the control of daily manual and system generated processes to ensure all bank interfaces are processed, bank balances are correct and appropriate accounting entries have been produced
- ensuring all interest, debt and derivative payments are correct and paid in a timely manner
- final compliance sign-off for all money transactions undertaken each day by the Treasury Team, and all payments leaving the group
- ensuring the documentation evidencing complex treasury transactions such as bonds, energy derivatives and interest rate swaps are appropriate
- liaise and communicate with the relevant lawyers and Banks in respect of confirmations and payments to ensure compliance with treasury policies and financing documents
- owner of the Contingency Plan and Disaster Recovery process; implement, and annually test appropriate business continuity through the Contingency Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan
Key responsibilities within Development of the Treasury Management System include ensuring:
- the integrity of the Treasury Management System and other Treasury cash management, forecasting and reporting solutions
- the appropriate training of team members in respect of Treasury System
- the management of the relationship with the Treasury Management System provider and other treasury and payments systems
Key responsibilities within Banking Services and Relationship Management include:
- management of the relationship with the Group’s current account providers ensuring that the appropriate services are available and operationally appropriate
- semi-annual review meetings with Tier 2 Banks developing new funding ideas and solutions
- the management of the Group’s banking facilities, arranging, and negotiating terms, ensuring sufficient funding is always available to the Group
Key Responsibilities within People and Processes include:
- the supervision, direction and encouragement of the Treasury Operations and Middle Office teams to perform their duties as they relate to deal settlements, payments, interest payments processes and other treasury operational processes daily
- the delivery of appropriate controls with coaching and personal development for the team so they are motivated to develop and perform well
- ensuring high levels of training for treasury systems are in place for all members of the team
Ideally you will be a graduate qualified accountant who possesses a formal Treasury qualification. In terms of experience, you will have excellent financial accounting expertise combined with a minimum of 4 years’ experience within a finance / corporate treasury function.
You will have in depth knowledge of treasury management systems and payment systems as well as strong system aptitude. You will also possess experience of managing debt portfolios and banking relationships and have a proven ability to react quickly to complex situations, with the ability to problem solve, assimilate, understand, and challenge, and then to resolve appropriately.
You will have excellent interpersonal, communication and IT skills and a demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve positive results.
How To Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via email@example.com or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.