Anglian Water Group
We are delighted to have been retained by Anglian Water Group in their search for an Assistant Treasurer who’s remit will focus mainly on Risk & Sustainable Financing. The role itself is mostly internal facing and will sit within the Huntingdon office but will have good working from home flexibility. This will allow you to spend more time working remotely during the week than on location Google Maps link to Anglian Water’s Huntingdon Offices.
AWG, Anglian Water Group are a multi award winning business founded on the supply of water and
the water cycle supply. The Group supply water and water recycling services to almost seven million
domestic and business customers in the East of England and Hartlepool. Their services are at the
heart of every single family and community in the region. They clean water to the highest standard,
deliver it to millions of homes, and carefully manage it to ensure it never runs out.
They are the largest water and water recycling company in England and Wales by geographic area.
They are also one of the driest regions in the country, with just 600 millimetres of rain each year, on
average a third less than the rest of England. In fact, some areas have a lower annual rainfall than
Jerusalem. That is why it is vital that they look after the water that they have.
Reporting to the Deputy Treasurer, the Anglian Water Treasury Team are recruiting an Assistant
Treasurer who will take responsibility for enabling the financing of Anglian Water capital investments
through green finance, the development of the risk framework and managing all aspects of reporting
in compliance with the Green Bond Principles ensuring there is both engagement and understanding
throughout the business.
This person will develop and approve asset management solutions, including leasing, and will act as a
Treasury partner for Direct Procurement financing solutions.
They will provide leadership, development, and review of the delivery of accurate financial forecasts
to enable the development of the strategy for debt and interest rate management, financial covenant
and rating agency reporting including regulatory price reviews as required in the 5-year cycle.
Other key areas include:
- Maintenance of credit ratings: interpreting ratings methodologies to provide guidance in
managing the business; close dialogue with agencies to ensure appropriate understanding of
their credit position
- Developing and managing Treasury Policy to ensure all treasury risks remain within the
treasury policy ensuring compliance with debt covenants, and targeted ratios agreed with
- Business Partnering within the group to ensure efficient forecasting of cash receipts,
appropriate credit terms for retailers, delivery of KPI and sustainable debt metrics and in
respect of the delivery of capital expenditure ensure planned delivery meets the financial risk
policies and financing plans
Key Responsibilities within Capital Investment include:
- The development of a risk framework encompassing expected capital investment over the 5-
year Asset Management Period planned by the UK water industry
- Managing all aspects of reporting in compliance with the Green Bond Principles whilst ensuring
engagement and understanding throughout the business
- Engage with the wider business to ensure that most appropriate sustainable financing solutions
Key Responsibilities within financial planning and risk management include:
- Leadership, development, and review of the delivery of accurate financial forecasts to enable
the development of the strategy for debt and interest rate management, financial covenant and
rating agency reporting including regulatory price reviews as required in the 5-year cycle
- Ensure financial covenants and key financial ratios to ensure our credit ratings are maintained
and financial policies are met
- Lead financial modelling in respect of the five-year regulatory cost of debt
Other Responsibilities include;
- Review and analyse reports and provide financial data required by the rating agencies to
support the groups credit ratings
- Annual review of the Treasury policy and monitoring of compliance throughout the year
- Deputise for the Deputy Treasurer in respect of Treasury Accounting related to the
management of half and full year accounts prior to sign-off by the Auditors
- Manage and oversee the investment choices in respect of DC pensions offering for employees
Ideally you will be a graduate qualified accountant who possesses a formal Treasury qualification. In
terms of experience, you will have excellent financial accounting expertise combined with a minimum
of 4 years’ experience within a finance / corporate treasury function.
As a person you will be commercially minded and analytical, capable of breaking complex data into
manageable chunks and communicating the outputs to differing stakeholders. You will have excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate highly technical issues to non-financial staff.
You will be able to assess / interpret business issues, how they impact the company’s credit position
and financial covenants, and exercise judgement to steer the company to a commercially advantageous
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins
via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further