Our client is a global leader in sustainable technologies, they apply their cutting-edge science to create solutions with their customers that make a real difference to the world around us.
They have been leading this field for more than 200 years, thanks to their dedicated people and expertise in science at the atomic scale, their products are assisting their strategy to help make the world a cleaner and healthier place, today and for future generations.
As the Cash and Foreign Exchange Manager you will be responsible for cash & foreign exchange risk management, driving improved cashflow forecasting and working with the businesses to provide expert guidance and decision-making relating to hedging foreign exchange exposures. As well as continually driving efficiency within the Treasury front office function.
The role reports into the Head of Front Office. It has regular interaction with Sector Finance teams, Group Finance teams (Tax, Accounting/Reporting) and Legal internally and with banks externally.
- dealing with a range of parties both internally and externally, and requires a high level technical expert.
- Working relationships include banks, group functions (accounting and tax), Sectors and Sub-business units.
- A degree of judgement is required in applying the Treasury policies in individual circumstances. For example, evaluating the impact of the specific business circumstances on the reliability of forecast FX flows and applying the formal policy appropriately.
- The role is mostly focused on overseas territories with attendant complexity of time zones, culture, language and a significant portion of this is in emerging markets with complex regulatory and market issues.
- Manage top down cashflow forecasting, to give insight in funding requirements on a global and regional level and manage overall Total Borrowings.
- Manage bottom up cashflow forecasts working with the top 7 businesses to refine sustainable accurate cash forecasting processes.
- Working with both Sector and Local Finance Management to provide detailed analysis on actual ‘v’ forecast cash flows to drive improvement
- Provide strong technical expertise to ensure optimal management of foreign exchange exposure in line with Treasury Policy
- Working closely with the businesses to propose hedging levels, managing both forecast cashflow and balance sheet hedging
- Recommend and implement hedging strategies for intercompany funding and capital investments
- Transaction FX risk c£800m p.a. (FX deals undertaken are >£10bn p.a.).
- Core term debt of c£1.4bn and c£1bn of committed bank facilities.
- Geography: Global
- Impact on business: High Complexity/ Medium-High Risk
- Member of the ACT or fully qualified accountant (Qualified Accountant ACA).
- Strong Corporate Treasury background/knowledge and previous significant front office experience in dealing, daily funding/cash management, cash forecasting and FX management experience and familiarity with local banking and cash management rules and regulations.
- Significant post qualification experience in an international corporate treasury team
- Previous front office/ dealing experience and familiarity with local banking and cash management rules and regulations.
- Strong systems skills e.g. Treasury Management System. Familiar with front and back-office processes, systems and procedures.
- Familiarity with debt documentation and financial legal concepts and clauses
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please contact Sophie Holland via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 603 4448 to discuss further.