Website Sappi Limited
Sappi is a global diversified woodfibre company
We are delighted to have been retained by Sappi Limited in their search for a Deputy Treasurer.
Sappi is a global diversified woodfibre company focused on providing dissolving pulp, packaging and speciality papers, graphic papers, as well as biomaterials and biochemicals to a direct and indirect customer base across more than 150 countries.
Reporting to the Group Treasurer, the Deputy Treasurer has overall accountability for ensuring attractive funding in terms of volumes and best prices for the group through maintaining and expanding stable long-term relationships with financial institutions and knowledge of financial markets, and by creating and enhancing efficient structures for treasury and tax purposes.
Within their remit, they will be expected to devise hedging structures from FX & interest rate perspectives, manage certain aspects of the insurance captive, arrange & manage the SPH securitisation program and take ownership for arranging the group credit insurance program and detailed reporting of group finance costs.
- Leading, inspiring, and managing the strong Treasury team
- Take responsibility for ensuring attractive debt funding by maintaining and expanding long-term relationships with debt providers.
- Devise hedging structures for FX & Interest Rate exposures.
- Arrange & manage the global securitisation program and group credit insurance program.
- Manage existing structures in terms of reporting requirements, opportunities for restructuring of debt, managing the maturity debt profile, impact of accounting changes on structures.
- Monitor and manage the overall cost of the group’s short and long-term funding structures. Recommend hedges to optimise the funding cost. Manage existing hedges by monitoring mark to market impacts and assessing against alternatives.
- Execute funding and hedging proposals after internal approvals have been obtained. Monitor, manage, and report on financial covenants as required in the various loan agreements.
- Alongside the Group Treasurer, maintain and establish strong relationships with financiers, rating agencies and insurers to the Sappi group. This entails regular contact, presentations of Sappi results, review of facilities and establishing banking and insurance facilities.
The successful individual will be a versatile, dynamic, and ambitious corporate treasury professional with at least 10 years’ corporate treasury experience. They will be proficient in trading and / or working with derivative instruments.
In addition, the individual will be experienced in building strong partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders and will have the confidence to guide and educate the business through a consultative approach.
As an individual, Sappi would expect the successful candidate to:
- Have experience with financing arrangements, capital markets, managing global securitisation programmes and designing hedging structures
- Possess an analytical, innovative, and inspiring mind and be someone, who is excited by the opportunities and challenges the industry presents
- Communicate in an open and clear manner on a variety of levels both inside and outside of the organization
- Possess the ability to drive change in what is a progressive, ambitious, and ever-changing environment
- Have experience of working in high stress situations and have the flexibility and ability to take decisions.
- Communicate clearly by means of well-structured reports and papers
- Be a dynamic self-starter who possesses a high level of commercial insight when helping decide the growth path for the global treasury department and someone who has a genuine desire to have a positive impact on the company
- Have an exceptional attention to detail and be fluent in English – both written and verbal
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity or want to find out more, please email your CV to Katie@TreasuryRecruitment.com
Please note that should you apply directly to Sappi or through another external source, you will be integrated into the full retained search process with The Treasury Recruitment Company.
Please note you must have the relevant Right to Work for this role.
For more information visit here – Right To Work – Sponsorship is Not Offered