We are delighted to be recruiting exclusively for Arrow Electronics to recruit a Director of Treasury Operations to join their successful team.
Arrow Electronics are a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. The group had sales in 2017 of $26 billion, ranking #113 on the Fortune 500 list of the largest American-headquartered companies.
With more than 18,700 employees worldwide, Arrow brings technology solutions to a breadth of markets, including telecommunications, information systems, transportation, medical, industrial and consumer electronics.
Reporting to the VP Treasurer, the Director of Treasury Operations will lead a team who are the “face” of treasury. The Operations team are responsible for ensuring liquidity for the company globally and this person will enable the group to optimize cash management structures to drive leaner cash balances.
This role provides the strategic direction for the Treasury Operations team and set the project priorities for the group on a global basis.
The Director position will take responsibility for:
- enabling the group to exploit potential treasury efficiencies on a global level through continuous improvement within cash flow forecasting, the structuring of cash pools and the effective management of idle group cash thereby minimizing borrowings and associated interest expense
- the forecasting, management and optimisation of near-term cash and liquidity positions across subsidiary entities and intercompany netting systems
- building and maintaining a process that will allow for the real-time view of global cash positions and supporting the production of a view of consolidated cash
The Director – Treasury Ops will monitor subsidiary and cash pool FX exposures and, in partnership with the Derivatives Manager, agree on a hedging strategy. They will also manage competitive bidding for all spot FX trades – non-hedging.
You will also monitor subsidiary financing needs, and, in partnership with the Debt Manager, ensure appropriate subsidiary usage of credit lines and appropriate subsidiary capital structure.
Banking & Controls:
- primary accountability for the overall design of banking services and the management of in-house bank account structures.
- in partnership with the Controller and Shared Services staff, playing a key role in the constant drive to improve the process and control environment to enable the detection and prevention of fraud.
The successful candidate is likely to be a graduate in a finance or related degree who is also a qualified treasury professional with at least ten years treasury experience gained in a large international corporate environment.
In addition, you will;
- possess strong analytical skills
- be a results’ driven individual
- be able to communicate in an open, direct and clear manner on a variety of levels
- be a dynamic self-starter who possesses a high level of commercial insight
- communication skills in both English and Dutch will be highly preferable