GXO, a global logistics company, is focused on moving goods through supply chains with critical efficiency and reliability. They always want to know the most complex requirements and biggest challenges of their customers and then create faster, leaner, smarter supply chains tailored to those needs.
Their decades of experience and significant investments in innovation have put them in a strong position to capitalize on the tailwinds in the industry. These tailwinds include customer demand for advanced automation, the ongoing growth in ecommerce and the trend toward outsourcing supply chain services — all core competencies of the company that set up their customers for success.
The company is seeking to recruit an ambitious and highly motivated Treasury Manager – Europe, to be responsible for all aspect of cash, short term finance and liquidity management for the GXO European Group.
Reporting directly to the Head of Treasury – Europe, this position will manage one Treasury Analyst – Cash Management. They will support the development of the treasury function & initiatives including embedding best-practice governance, implementing risk management strategies, establishing effective systems infrastructure, and developing efficient processes and automated reporting.
They are seeking a collaborative and experienced treasury professional with a passion for continuous improvement, systems & automation and motivated by the idea of contributing to building an effective treasury function for GXO Europe.
- Manage and deliver day-to-day activities of treasury operations, including daily cash management, daily cash positioning.
- Drive efficiency in managing the short-term cash flows for all European countries
- Manage Treasury’s 13-week cashflow forecasting and reporting
- Manage all operational banking requirements, including bank account opening, closing, bank signatories and the updating of banking services, as well as the administration of treasury banking systems.
- FX dealing, trade finance support and reporting.
- Oversee the performance and development of the treasury operations team to ensure appropriate knowledge and competencies.
- Drive cost and process efficiencies by establishing treasury as an in-house bank, as well as implementing an optimised bank account structure and utilising appropriate liquidity solutions across the Group.
- Develop, implement, and manage Treasury’s system infrastructure, ensuring data remains accurate and up to date, and processes & reporting are highly robust and automated.
- Initiate, develop and implement process improvement projects to ensure continuous improvement of treasury processes.
- Managing bank guarantees & letters of credit requirements
- Manage, coach and develop 1 direct report
- Proven ability to work effectively in global, complex organisations as part of a corporate treasury team
- Affinity with Treasury systems and banking software
- Strong analytical and investigative skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Excel modelling and other IT systems
- Strong leadership skill
- Passionate about continual improvement, with experience in change management
- Commercially focused, with an ability to prioritise
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Good organisational, time, and project management skills
- Strong stakeholder management (internally and externally)
- Preferably have an AMCT qualification or studying towards AMCT qualification
- Experience in managing and implementing (treasury projects)
- SAP experience
- Experience in SOX compliance
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please contact Joe Fawcett via email@example.com or call 0203 603 4448 to discuss further.
If you like the look of the role and company but feel the role is a bit on the senior side, do not fret! Here is a link to a Treasury Analyst role also for GXO – https://treasuryrecruitment.com/job/treasury-analyst-gxo/
Any CV’s sent direct to GXO will be forwarded onto The Treasury Recruitment Company for screening.