We are delighted to be working exclusively alongside UCB, a multinational biopharmaceutical company, to recruit for their Global Cash Management Lead.
Working out of their Headquarters in Brussels, Belgium and reporting to the Head of Treasury & Risk Management, you will be responsible for ensuring the continuous performance of their Global Cash Management structure, drive roll-outs or enhancements worldwide and ensure optimal cash management processes in close collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, you will focus on the optimization of their present Treasury technology environment, taking advantage of new technologies and tools available in the market as may be appropriate for UCB.
- Ensure the optimization of all bank connection tools, including (but not limited to) UCB SWIFT connectivity, UCB payment factory and other electronic banking interfaces.
- Point of contact for banks and other suppliers in the area of cash management.
- Closely collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on all cash management related processes.
- Ensure cash management compliance (Swift compliance certification, internal audit, bank account management policy, etc).
- Problem solve technical issues as they may arise to ensure continuous performance of UCB’s cash management infrastructure.
- Bank solution maintenance and administration, user and contract administration.
- Minimizing idle cash balances globally, including setting up of cash pooling and sweeping structures globally and closing legacy bank accounts, thus reducing complexity and further strengthening the visibility and control over cash balances.
- Bank charges control.
- Report and follow up on Treasury’s cash management KPI’s.
- Back-up to the Treasury middle office.
- Ad hoc projects within the group Treasury department.
The ideal candidate for this position will offer 3-5 years relevant experience in respect of cash management systems and implementations. In addition to this, a solid Treasury background coupled with a hands-on attitude, the ability to learn fast, as well as a collaborative mindset, will allow the candidate to maximally contribute to Treasury projects, such as the optimization and automation of UCB’s key Treasury Operations processes and ad hoc corporate Treasury initiatives. A Masters-level Degree is preferred (Finance, Economics or another relevant discipline).
Key skills required;
- Excellent analytical and project management skills.
- Technology savvy. Significant prior experience with systems and processes of Treasury operations. Experience on Trax and SAP Treasury is a plus.
- A good understanding of Treasury products and financial risk management coupled to strong willingness to further develop in this area.
- A hands-on approach. Able to solve problems independently, displaying leadership, sound judgment and understanding when to seek advice.
- Comfortable in taking on new challenges. Curious to learn and develop within a corporate Treasury department.
- Committed to delivering excellence, resilient, working efficiently within a challenging working environment.
- A strong team player, collaborative.
- First-rate communication and persuasion skills.
- Business-fluency in English is a requirement for this role.
UCB offers a dynamic growth environment, challenging opportunities in a highly international professional environment. There will be opportunities for significant career growth for a highly motivated and ambitious individual. UCB are building the next generation Biopharma leader and need exceptional individuals to achieve this goal. They are looking for enthusiastic and talented professionals who thrive on challenges and change; who wish to make a difference and deliver results. If this sounds like you or you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, please get in touch with Dan Welham on +44 203 603 4448 or firstname.lastname@example.org