The Treasury Recruitment Company
We are delighted to be working with one of the global leaders within the petrochemicals industry, who have operations in over 50 countries with a global workforce of over 33,000 talented individuals.
The objective of this position is to manage the cash flow forecast and optimise cash for the group and entities to minimise interest expense/maximise investment income. They must work closely with SBUs/COEs to create and maintain cash forecasts to ensure adequate funding and liquidity for all global entities.
You will manage the investment of surplus funds of the group and lead Global Pensions Investments for defined benefit and deferred compensation pension plans. You will also manage all Foreign Exchange, Interest Rate, Commodity and Counterparty risk exposure along with the lead and design of the Treasury technology infrastructure and process improvements.
- Strategic contribution: providing input to the Group Treasury Leader towards the strategy map of Corporate Finance, along with working a long side the other finance functions to help the group achieve their goals
- Policies & Procedures: support the Global Treasury Lead, to maintain the Accounting & Treasury Procedures
- Annual Business Planning & Budget: Develop the annual budget alongside the Global Treasury Lead, you will then prepare and monitor the budget vs plan
- Cash Management: you will perform cash flow forecasting, cash & liquidity management, cash investment as well as working on capital management and building strong relationships with banks
- Cash Operations: You will execute payment runs for third party affiliates as well as employees payments, which will then need to be reconciled
- Systems management: You will be responsible for developing and establishing the Treasury systems and processes as well as seeing whether any improvements are needed
- Pension Investment: You will oversea all aspects of the pension investments as well as making sure they are compliant
The ideal candidate will possess a Degree in finance and accounting or equivalent, with a post-graduation qualification or Treasury Degree (CPA/MBA) a plus. They will have a minimum of 10 years’ experience within finance, including 3 years in cash investments and will be of a proactive and adaptable nature, with excellent people management and interpersonal skills.
Strong cash management and a good understanding of risk management is essential, along with a sound knowledge of business processes, policies, procedures and accounting systems. Experience on short and long-term investments would be at an advantage.