Website Senior Plc
Senior is an international, market-leading, engineering solutions provider with 33 operations in 14 countries.
Senior designs, manufactures and markets high-technology components and systems for the principal original equipment producers in the worldwide aerospace, defence, land vehicle and energy markets. The Group is split into two divisions, Aerospace and Flexonics, servicing five key sectors.
The Group’s primary performance objective is to create long-term sustainable growth in shareholder value. It aims to achieve this objective through the development of a portfolio of collaborative high value-added engineering manufacturing companies within its five market sector framework that are capable of producing sustainable real growth in operating profit and cash flow, and that consistently exceed the Group’s cost of capital.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the purpose of this role is to direct the Treasury activities of the Group including the effective management of the Group’s funding and liquidity, banking relations, foreign exchange and interest rate risks, trade finance and credit risk.
- Defining and implementing the strategies, plans, policies and procedures to manage the Treasury risks facing the group
- Defining and implementing the Group’s funding strategy including advising on the group’s capital structure
- Preparing and participating in the quarterly Treasury Committee Meeting / preparation of Board Reports
- Effectively managing bank and debt capital markets relationships
- Arrangement and ongoing negotiation of all group borrowing, bank relationship management in the UK and in all countries the Group operates in, private placement management,
- Assessment and management of all business related financial risks including FX, interest rate and counterparty risk management
- Assessment and implementation of the active hedging program in accordance with group policy
- Driving improvement in the management of cash and borrowings across the Group including countries without regional cash management systems
- Management of all group investments, day-to-day cash management, cash flow forecasting and all electronic banking systems
- Identifying and implementing a “fit for purpose” treasury management system for the Group
- Taking an active role in acquisitions and disposals including due diligence, sale and purchase agreements and post-deal integration
- Working with the Group Tax department in analyzing and implementing efficient structures and reorganizations
- Integration and development of the current group treasury policy with the group’s strategic requirements and direction
- Management, development and adaptation of the treasury functions and processes to take account of both the size and resources of the group
- Implementation of robust controls related to treasury matters relating to all parts of Senior plc that are actively managed by the group, including the management of bank mandates throughout the Group
- Working as an integral part of the Group’s Finance Leadership Team in addressing the challenges facing the Group’s finance function
- The Group Treasurer should not only be a safe pair of hands, he/she should be the ‘go-to’ person for all treasury related matters including the arrangement and raising of any group financing
It is likely the candidate will be a corporate treasury professional with at least 8 years’ treasury expertise gained in an international corporate environment and an individual who is keen to develop their career within a dynamic and entrepreneurial business.
The model candidate will be a dynamic self-starter who must be prepared to take an active role in the development of operational duties and be prepared to ‘roll their sleeves up” given the hands on style of the wider senior management team.
In addition, they will:
- Possess knowledge of the FX markets combined with an innate understanding of when is the right time to hedge given the complex nature and requirements of the Senior business as a whole.
- Have sound commercial judgment, strong intellect and the confidence to take the lead in negotiations with both internal and external counterparties.
- Demonstrate excellent persuasive and negotiation skills, as they will be required to represent Senior on treasury matters of a complex nature.
- Articulate proposals clearly, balance the requirement for technical expertise, and have the ability to recognise the bigger commercial picture.
- Have experience of implementing a treasury management system.
Each of the areas of responsibility will involve a variety of different challenges requiring the person to be both flexible and adaptable whilst demonstrating gravitas in their dealings with internal and external counterparties.
This person will help form the Senior management team of the future and help in the international growth of the group.
- Strong attention to detail
- A robust approach
- Ability to work under tight timescales on multiple complex issues
- An ability to work constructively with the rest of the Finance team and the Business as a whole
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent commercial awareness, including industry and wider business knowledge
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to appreciate the ‘bigger picture’ and consider the commercial context
For more information about the position and to apply please either call Mike Richards on +44 203 603 4448 or Email Mike@TreasuryRecruitment.com