We are delighted to be exclusively retained by Porsche in their search for a Head of Markets – Transactions and Trading.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the largest and most traditional Sports Car manufacturer and the most profitable automotive manufacturer in the world. The company’s main vision and objective is to be “The brand for those who follow their dreams” and to achieve value-generating growth.
They want to excite customers with their products and services and are aiming to consolidate their reputation as an excellent employer and business partner that fulfils its social and environmental responsibilities.
As a business, Porsche has everything they need to achieve their objectives: vehicles that will take your breath away and a team that is passionate about its work.
Link to Company Website
The Role/Key Accountabilities
- Trading and management of a derivatives portfolio for the entire Porsche AG Group
- Monitoring of the Group-wide implementation of the Group Treasury-Global Markets core functions of hedging FX, commodity prices, interest rate risks and analysing capital market developments with a focus on the implementation of appropriate risk strategies
- Control and transfer of technical requirements to the Global Markets department in the standard risks and technical processes
- Development of hedging strategies, assessment of new hedging instruments and control of the use of derivatives in the FX and raw materials sector, as well as definition of hedging strategies for controlling exchange rate, interest rate and commodity price risks
- Responsibility for the development and conclusion of framework agreements as a business basis for the control and implementation of counterparty management in the Porsche Group as part of the implementation of the developed risk strategy
- Developing, defining, and implementing short and long-term investment strategies for the Porsche Group
- Conceptual and operational implementation of the developed liquidity risk strategy e.g., swap transactions
- Developing and maintaining bank relationships of the Porsche Group to maintain an optimal and sustainable group of financial service providers
- Discussions with regulators and central banks in the respective locations to ensure the Porsche Group treasury strategies in regulated markets, such as in the regions of China, South America, etc
- Responsibility for the conceptual adaptation of front office processes to constantly changing regulatory requirements and global business needs
The ideal candidate will have a degree in a numerate discipline or comparable and at least 10 years relevant professional and respective leadership experience.
They will have excellent knowledge in trading concepts of capital markets in currencies, commodities and interest rates paired with several years’ experience on a trading desk at a financial institution or in a global multinational environment.
They will be experienced in the valuation of financial instruments, relevant accounting treatments and the management of financial risks.
Additionally, they will have:
- Knowledge of quantitative corporate finance – concepts and instruments for risk simulation and management, valuation of derivatives and asset management
- A very good understanding of macroeconomic relationships, capital market developments and other related areas within treasury, accounting, and project management
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements for the major FX markets such as China, USA, UK, Korea, Japan, etc
- Experience in the practical handling of derivative financial instruments and in negotiations with external counterparties; concrete capital market trading experience
- Safe handling of MS Office, front-office systems, ideally programming knowledge in mathematical/statistical software
- Excellent knowledge of English and German.
- Proven experience in professional and disciplinary leadership in previous jobs
- Excellent communication skills incl. presentation to the management board, ability to deal with conflict as well as conceptual strengths and ability to implement including team player
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Katie Hardie via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.
You must already possess the right to work in Germany to be considered for the position.