We are thrilled to announce that we have been retained to recruit a Head of Treasury for Union Maritime, the role will be based in their head office in Athens, Greece.
Union Maritime Limited are the largest independently owned product tanker owner in the UK. They lead the maritime industry, offering advanced transportation and logistics solutions. The company continually innovate, harnessing innovative technology and industry best practices for exceptional efficiency and reliability. From pioneering cargo handling to optimising routes through data analytics, they’re committed to staying ahead.
Established in 2006, they create a reliable logistics platform to serve a trading business in West Africa and have since grown to become an international shipping group with offices in 3 continents. Union Maritime Limited have a diversified vessel portfolio in the tanker and dry bulk sectors with a strong presence in clean products and light chemical markets and with a revenue more than $500m and a fleet of 80 vessels under management.
Over the past five years, Union Maritime Limited has experienced significant growth. The company is currently embarking on a finance transformation journey aimed at enhancing its processes and systems, with the goal of setting up a world-class finance function.
In alignment with this transformation, Union Maritime Limited is now in search of a seasoned treasury professional to elevate their treasury processes and systems. This individual will assume a pivotal role in steering treasury operations, encompassing both operational and strategic facets, with a specific emphasis on Treasury Management Systems, encompassing their implementation and process refinement.
Union Maritime is actively seeking a candidate who boasts proficiency in change management and has the capability to create a top-tier treasury function for the organisation. Demonstrating a hands-on approach, the Head of Treasury will immerse themselves in comprehending the intricacies of treasury operations within Union Maritime. They will conduct a comprehensive assessment of the existing treasury frameworks, processes, and procedures across various regions, and propose enhancements to ensure that the treasury frameworks align with the company’s growth trajectory.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Cultivating and sustaining effective relationships with finance and operational teams.
- Establishing and maintaining effective connections with Group’s lenders, investors, and banking institutions.
- Playing a significant role in ensuring the organisation’s cash processes align with the Treasury framework set by senior management, meeting the requirements of lenders, banks, investors, and other stakeholders.
- Managing global cash management processes to ensure effective banking arrangements for international operations.
- Identifying FX and interest rate risk exposure across the Group and proposing hedging strategies for review by the CFO and Finance Director.
- Monitoring the Group’s compliance with various financing agreements, submitting financial covenant certificates, and meeting all reporting deadlines
- Assisting in the implementation of a new Treasury Management System to streamline processes and enhance cash management.
Cashflow and Financial Reporting
- Developing and updating rolling short- and long-term cash flow forecasts to effectively manage the organization’s liquidity.
- Coordinating the monthly cash flow forecasting process and critically assessing provided assumptions.
- Ensuring daily reconciliation of treasury transactions, monthly reconciliations of bank and control accounts, and interest portfolio reconciliations.
The successful individual will be a hands-on corporate treasury expert with a track record working in international organisations. It will be somone who possessed the ability to cultivate relationships both internally and externally with a variety of stakeholders and have the confidence to provide guidance and educate the business through a consultative approach.
- Preferably you will be a graduate in finance or related field and / or possess an accounting / treasury qualification
- Background in a commercial environment with extensive experience in a Treasury management role, focusing on cash management and debt instruments
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the experience of working within a flat structured company
- Expertise in cash management, bank relationship management, and treasury best practices
- Communicate in an open, direct, and clear manner on a variety of levels both inside and outside
- Within an entrepreneurial business, they will possess the ability to drive change in what is a dynamic, ever-changing, and sometimes challenging environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Treasury professional to build and shape a treasury function from foundation level within an International corporate at the forefront of the maritime industry.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Katie Hardie via firstname.lastname@example.orgApply for this job