We are delighted to be partnered with a leading global pharmaceutical company in their search for a Head of Treasury Operations to be based in their Belgium office.
As Head of Treasury Operations, you will be a hands on and established treasury operations individual, with experience in Financial risk management capacities. You will be someone who possesses both conceptual & technical understanding especially in risk management & foreign exchange, liable transition. You will have the ability to drive traditional cash management activities, define hedge strategy policy & have hedge accounting techniques.
Reporting into the Head of Treasury & Insurance, you will be responsible for:
- Manage a team of treasury professionals in their Brussels office
- Coordinate and support the Treasury Operations activities, including cash management processes, intra-group borrowing and lending, external cash investment decisions and borrowing transactions, FX and interest rate hedging activities, in each case ensuring proper accounting and reporting.
- Formulate recommendations with respect to the company’s financial risk management policies, maintain and update the financial risk management policy and strategy.
- Drive operational excellence, optimize use of bank connection tools and Treasury Operations systems and develop the further digitization agenda of the Treasury organization.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures, and with external financial regulations.
- Stay abreast of financial markets and regulations developments.
- Participate in, or lead external meetings with bank and technology providers on the above topics, monitoring of markets trends and reviewing of new product proposals.
- Play an important role in the development of team members, foster cross-learning.
- Primary responsibility on various Treasury projects
To be successful, you will need to:
A Masters-level Degree is preferred (Finance, Economics or another relevant discipline).
Minimum 10-15 years of relevant Treasury experience in a multinational corporate or banking environment is required for this key role within our organization.
Skills & Competencies
- Hands on in approach, happy to do the daily tasks
- Financial risk management capacities
- Agile with hands-on attitude, acting with integrity, working efficiently within a challenging working environment
- A strong team player, collaborative
- Holistic view on Treasury operations and passion to play a driving role in this area
- Eager in keeping up-to-date with the latest developments in Treasury systems and processes
- Accurate with excellent analytical skills; able to handle complex matters
- Curious mindset and ability to solve problems independently, displaying leadership, sound judgement, and understanding when to seek advice
- Pro-active. Self-starter able to take initiatives and comfortable in taking on new challenges
- First-rate communication and persuasion skills
- Project management skills & technology savvy
- Excellent understanding of Treasury products and financial markets/products, including documentation, valuation and accounting thereof
- Ability to understand different types of financial exposures, develop and execute hedge strategies, incorporating the accounting consequences based on a thorough understanding of the relevant IFRS9 standard
- Prior experience with Treasury in SAP and Trax is a plus
- Business-fluency in English is a requirement for this role
In return the company offers a great culture which is dynamic. They have vast opportunities for growth and offer a competitive package and an appealing benefits package.
If you feel your experience aligns itself to the above, please get in touch: Katie@treasuryrecruitment.com