We are delighted to be working with a Global Financial Services Company in their search for a Hedging Consultant. They deliver financial risk management advisory and technology solutions to organizations and industries around the world by helping companies maximize value in the capital markets.
This role reports to the team leader of the Corporates Deal team, which consists of 8-10 members, including traders, transaction operations specialists, analysts, and regulatory support. The role may or may not have direct reports, depending on prior experience and level of interest. The Corporates Deal team serves clients by partnering with them to identify their financial risks and ultimately mitigate those risks via execution of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives in the market.
- Work with clients to understand interest rate risk, foreign currency (FX) risk, and commodity risk profiles
- Conduct analysis to identify and suggest risk mitigation strategies
- Manage trade execution process including counterparty management, trade negotiation, documentation management, and ultimately live trade execution
- Present internally and externally on financial market developments, current hedging strategies, and other relevant market information
- Partner with the client relationship management team to provide resources and market intelligence to support sales, scoping, and pricing processes
- Partner with the accounting team to ensure seamless coverage of pre- and post-trade activities to qualify for and apply hedge accounting treatment
- Contribute to processes that support data integrity controls and regulatory requirements
- Potentially manage 2-3 direct reports depending on prior experience
The ideal candidate will have A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in trading, finance, banking, or risk management.
They seek individuals who will thrive in their culture and make a significant impact over the long term and have consistently demonstrated drive, determination, and substantial academic/professional accomplishment throughout their lives.
A high level of intellectual curiosity, as well as the ability to build lasting relationships and improve processes, is required and they are looking for an individual who wants to make a long-term commitment to the company.
Additionally, they will have:
- MBA/Master’s degree in finance or related credentials (CFA, CPA, MAI) a plus, but not required
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate raw data into practical information
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Proven orientation towards collective team performance
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written); experience articulating solutions to a financial problem is a plus
- Knowledge or experience with corporate treasury and capital structure considerations a plus, but not required
- Experience with hedge accounting, multiple asset classes (FX, rates, commodities), and operational hedging programs a plus, but not required
How to apply
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your Resume to Mike Richards via email@example.com or call +1 312 612 0933 to discuss further.