Our client is an independent, UK-based energy company, who operate on a global scale. They have extensive experience as an operator and partner in all stages of their industry.
We are supporting their search for an Interim Group Treasury Manager to come on board for 12 months to cover a Maternity Leave.
- Manage and ensure compliance with all aspects of group debt facilities (Reserves Based Lending)
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Treasury function, with particular focus on monitoring and ensuring
Group liquidity and compliance with acceptable levels of risk (FX, interest rate, commodity, trade credit,
Debt Facility Management
- Managing all debt facilities in place and ensuring compliance with all agreements, including preparation of
quarterly cashflow projections, coordination of redetermination processes and preparation/supply of all
- Running banking models and validating output with the Modelling banks on the facilities.
- Managing JV partner relationships on joint financing arrangements, ensuring compliance with all facility terms.
- Issuing Letters of Credit/Performance Guarantees as required by operational activities.
Cash Management – Forecasting and Position/Risk Planning
- Review of the Treasury forecast in the TMS, including identification of deals, risk mitigation and other actions
- As required, acting as a front office payment authoriser and authorised electronic dealer for cash management
(money market funds, triparty repo and term deposits) and risk (commodity and FX).
Risk Assessment/Management (FX, Interest Rate, Commodity, Credit/Counterparty and Trade credit)
- Constant risk assessment and monitoring in line with approved policy levels.
- Appraising risks, making recommendations and developing actions plans to mitigate.
- Review Month End Treasury Pack for distribution to the business.
- Review fortnightly cashflow export for distribution to the Planning team, ensuring flow types are correctly
allocated and ensuring that wider business inputs are considered.
- Provide monthly (and ad-hoc as required) updates to CFO and Deputy FD on cashflow projections arising from
the Treasury forecast.
Policies, Procedures and Systems
- Develop and maintain ‘fit for purpose’ policies/procedures and Financial Authorities as required.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures across the Group.
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place, well maintained, properly controlled, working effectively and
Staff Management and Development
- Supervise the team of three Treasury Analysts to ensure day to day operations are delivered accurately, on
time and with risks managed.
- Ensure team’s objectives are met and continue to develop individuals in their roles.
Other / Ad-hoc
- General assistance as required to Group Treasurer, Deputy Finance Director, CFO, Executive and Board.
- Proactively monitor the need for change and improvement and take the lead in putting forward ideas and
- Plan and deliver ad-hoc treasury project work as agreed with Group Treasurer.
- Limited international travel to support business requirements.
- Management of and compliance with revolving credit debt facilities (preferably Reserve-Based or AssetBacked).
- Extensive relevant Treasury experience in FX/IR/Commodity/Counterparty risk management, cash forecasting,
cash management and trade credit.
- Treasury Management systems e.g. Wall Street eTC.
- A highly developed aptitude for IT and systems, which will be necessary to interrogate the various Treasury
systems, manipulate and analyse data effectively, as well as run banking models and validate outputs with
Modelling banks on our debt facilities.
- Proactive person with a desire to deliver timely, quality work who also likes to improve what we do and deliver
a quality service.
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing deadlines, projects and workstreams and prioritise appropriately.
- Problem-solving capability, able to devise and implement solutions without prior precedent.
- Excellent communicator who can operate effectively at all levels of the business and remain resilient and
positive under pressure
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via email@example.com or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.