Porterbrook owns approximately a third the passenger rail vehicles in the UK and leases them to the train operators, as well as providing maintenance services to certain customers. Porterbrook invests in improving the existing fleet and buys new trains from the train manufacturers.
Since rail privatisation in the mid-1990s, Porterbrook has spent over £2.8bn on new trains and £0.3bn on improving its fleet. Because of these investments, the group has grown its annual turnover to c. £460m.
The group has been owned by a consortium of international institutional investors since October 2014.
For more information about Porterbrook please CLICK HERE
Overview of Position
Reporting into the Finance Director the Interim Treasurer will lead the planned refinancing activity in order to reduce their reliance upon independent professional advisors.
They envisage this will be a 6 to 9-month interim assignment.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Treasury Professional to lead the refinancing of this leading Rail Infrastructure provider and help set them up for future success in what will be a hands-on and varied role.
Qualifications & Experience
Porterbrook is looking to find a candidate with suitable Treasury experience to lead and deliver the above process.
- Previous experience of similar complex refinancing exercises is vital.
- Ability to manage the process without direct supervision.
- To leverage previous experience when reviewing the refinancing plan before presentation to the board.
- Utilise existing contacts and market knowledge to help Porterbrook achieve the best terms possible from its bank group.
- Communication with the Finance and Legal Director and with the wider shareholder representatives on the board is key.