The Treasury Recruitment Company
We are delighted to be recruiting for a Senior Treasury Analyst – Financial Risk for a global leading manufacturer to within transportation. As member of the Financial Risk Management Team based in Berlin, Germany, you will ensure that the Financial Risks of the group are correctly identified, reported, hedged and accounted for, in accordance with policies, directives and accounting principles in place.
Roles and responsibilities will include;
Financial Risk Advisory
- Provide analysis and support regarding FX risk in bid phase, by assisting bid controllers and coordinating with Structure Finance/Tax/Contracts/Procurement/Sales as required.
- Support other business partners with decisions regarding financial risks: FX, commodity, interest or credit risk
Financial Risk Management
- Request derivative contracts based on all cash flows reported in FX Planner tool, including initial hedges and/or rolling of hedges, spot transactions, and Fair Value hedges for BTFS.
- Identify appropriate hedging strategies, request their implementation, and ensure proper and timely implementation of hedge requests.
- Systematically track exposure against hedges to minimize under- or over-hedging. Monitor legal entities bank balances and correct errors in a timely manner.
- Enforce policies and procedures to minimize impact on financial results due to FX volatility.
- Support business partners in Finance with Hedge Accounting: Calculate the respective accounting entries and ensure reconciliation with local accounting as well as contract accounting if applicable.
- Produce the quarterly reporting kit for BT Finance and for auditors’ requirements.
- Prepare regular reports on Financial Risk at BT: Potential Loss Report, CDS Monitor, Benchmark report, Forecast FX impact in BT financial results, amongst others.
- Schedule, coordinate and provide regular training on Financial Risk policies, processes, accounting principles, and tools (including Quantum).
- Support local management in formulating appropriate action plans to address gaps related to financial risk and/or accounting practices for FX.
- Ensure continuity and transfer of know-how throughout the treasury centralization re-organization
- Ensure compliance with OSC, CASRA and all applicable accounting principles: Maintain directives, Desktop-procedure and User-guides up to date.
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, directives and procedures, as well as any Service Level agreement in place.
The ideal candidate will have a Finance degree within Finance or Accounting and have 5+ years of relevant experience in Treasury departments in quantitative/analytical role, in a Corporate setting or at a Financial Institution. You will also have strong oral and written communication skills in English, with good knowledge of German and/or French considered an asset.
Other desirable skills/knowledge include;
- Strong knowledge of FX transaction risk, hedging strategies and hedging instruments used to cover this risk.
- Basic knowledge of interest rate risk and commodity risk, hedging strategies and hedging instruments used to cover this risk.
- Good knowledge of hedge accounting norms, in particular IAS 39/IFRS9.
- Advanced skills in EXCEL a must: including proficiency to work with macros, statistical tools, and large amounts of data. Knowledge of SAP is considered an asset.
- Ability to work and communicate well in the context of a multinational and truly multicultural firm with a matrix organizational structure
- Some project management and improvement skills an asset
If you are interested in this brilliant opportunity with a truly fantastic global leader, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Dan Welham on +44 203 603 4448 to find out more.