Our client is a globally renowned British fashion brand with over half a century of heritage. They have established themselves as a leader in the fashion industry, known for their exceptional design and craftsmanship. They collaborate globally with cultural and fashion icons, artists, and musicians to produce products that embody the spirit of self-expression and individuality.
Their commitment to ethical and sustainable practices has earned them a reputation as a responsible and progressive business. Our client has a strong global presence and has experienced significant growth. They foster a dynamic and inclusive work environment that celebrates diversity and offers career growth opportunities for all team members. As brand custodians, they take pride in working with a global fashion brand that values innovation, creativity, and integrity.
The Role Overview
Their treasury function is a key central risk management unit that serves as a strategic business partner, trusted advisor, and service provider. The team is responsible for managing various financial risks, including foreign exchange, interest rates, funding, and credit. Additionally, Treasury manages cash, insurance, and customer payments such as credit cards. The team serves as a liaison between the company and its external financial creditors and debt capital providers. Our client’s vision is to establish a modern and digital Treasury Centre of Excellence that provides expert support and advice to every area of the business. The Treasury function believes in continuous improvement and aims to exceed expectations by going above and beyond their day-to-day responsibilities.
The Key Responsibilities
Reporting to the Deputy Treasurer, the successful candidate will play a critical role in ensuring that Treasury operations are streamlined, controlled, and aligned with the demanding requirements of a growing company. This role holder will be responsible for all areas of Treasury operations, including global cash management, adherence to controls, financial guarantees, and bank-related costs. We are seeking a team player with a can-do attitude who is comfortable working in a mid-sized, dynamic team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is passionate about Treasury and interested in gaining hands-on experience in various areas of the function. Above all, we are looking for someone who is self-motivated and enthusiastic about identifying areas for improvement to drive efficiency and commercial gain.
- Lead and manage Group Treasury Operations, including oversight of daily liquidity activities, bank account management, Treasury-related payments and confirmations, and implementation of key Treasury controls.
- Develop and maintain an effective global cash management process that ensures the right amount of cash is available in the right currency across the Group, encompassing operations in AMERICAS, EMEA, and APAC.
- Oversee the physical ‘Cash in Transit’ process, ensuring successful retail store cash collections and acting as the primary relationship owner for cash collection service providers.
- Manage the bank guarantees program, minimizing exposures and reducing costs related to lease guarantees.
- Analyze and monitor bank account-related charges, identifying optimization opportunities and proposing cost savings.
- Optimize Group payments architecture to ensure the most efficient payment flows across the organization, including cash pooling, zero balance sweeps, intercompany netting, payment factory, etc.
- Drive the Treasury Operations improvement roadmap, proactively identifying areas for improvement and leading initiatives to increase efficiency and enhance commercial gain.
- Manage and develop the Treasury Analyst – Operations to ensure that all daily duties are executed on time and to a high standard.
- Ensure adherence to Treasury-related regulations, including EMIR, banking KYC, and audit requests.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation for ‘Bank Mandates.’
- Act as the bank account ‘gatekeeper,’ ensuring robust controls are in place and effectively operated for Group cash payments and receipts.
- Proactively seek ways to improve current processes and reduce repeat issues.
- Support the production and monitoring of operational KPIs, contributing to the monthly Treasury reporting pack.
- Assist the Treasury Manager with the short-term cash flow forecasting process, particularly regarding cash actualization analysis and variance understanding with regions.
- Support the Deputy Treasurer in managing customer payments and assist the Group Treasurer with business insurance claims.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with regional cash managers across the business (APAC & AMERICAS).
- Act as the key relationship owner for external cash management bank partners.
- Support the implementation of TMS and other Treasury-related technologies.
Treasury Development Highlights
- Opportunity to lead and manage a global Treasury Operations function, overseeing critical activities such as cash management, bank account management, and payment processing.
- Exposure to diverse regions and markets, with the chance to build and maintain strong relationships with regional cash managers and external cash management bank partners.
- The role offers opportunities to drive process improvements, optimize payment flows, and enhance commercial gain across the Treasury function.
- Working closely with senior Treasury leaders, this role offers the chance to develop and refine skills in communication, problem-solving, and strategic thinking.
- Working in a fast-paced environment, this role requires the ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines, providing a challenging and dynamic work experience.
The Candidate Profile
- In-depth understanding and expertise in global treasury operations, demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of industry best practices and trends.
- Proven track record of corporate treasury experience within a global business, showcasing the ability to navigate complex financial landscapes.
- Holding or studying towards a treasury or accounting qualification, demonstrating a commitment to professional growth and development.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with a strong academic record that showcases a solid foundation in relevant disciplines.
- Strong analytical abilities, with a proven ability to effectively analyze and interpret complex data, leading to actionable insights and strategic decision-making.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, capable of articulating complex concepts with impact and influencing stakeholders at all levels.
- Thrives in fast-paced environments, excelling at managing multiple priorities and deadlines while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level, including advanced functions such as Vlookups and pivot tables. Familiarity with other Microsoft applications is essential. Knowledge of software systems such as D365, Cashforce, Bloomberg, or Treasury Management Systems (TMS) is advantageous.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via email@example.com or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.