This is an exciting time to join a great insurance client of ours who are embarking on the next phase of their journey after the successful completion of a number of acquisitions and reinsurance transaction over the last 18 months.
Reporting to the Group Treasurer as part of a small central team, this role will have responsibilities to support and manage elements of the build out of the strategic Treasury agenda. This will include rating agency modelling and engagement, funding and liquidity management, risk management, and Treasury reporting.
This is a hands-on role and the successful applicant will be expected to support on broader Treasury, project, and operational objectives as and when they arise.
The individual should have experience of compiling presentations for senior audiences, as well as distilling complex topics into a presentable format. In addition, good experience of managing the credit rating agency process (ideally Fitch and Moody’s) and understanding agency criteria is required. Stakeholder management is key, and the individual should be able to work and collaborate strongly with internal and external stakeholders across the Group, our platforms, external banks and advisors and rating agency analysts.
- Deliver against rating agency milestones such as modelling capital structure and putting together presentations for rating agency and executive discussion, including ownership of the Group process and support for subsidiary process
- Perform impact analysis of rating agency and regulatory criteria changes
- Running Treasury working groups and inputting into the overall Treasury strategy
- Collate data from subsidiary entities, produce analysis and apply to the Group structure / KPI’s and agency criteria
- Help develop and implement Treasury policies across Liquidity Management, IRR, collateral management and FX
- Support operational model enhancements, including TMS, and own key components of the Treasury change program
- Work with Group Risk to develop and maintain appropriate stress tests and early-warning-indicators for the above risks
- Manage Treasury elements of corporate activity (injections, repatriations, restructuring) and associated governance
- Implement and document robust controls and processes and maintain appropriate records related to Treasury matters
- Extensive experience working with senior stakeholders
- Strong experience of rating agency engagement, modelling as well as capital structures
- Extensive experience working in an insurance or financial services/investment banking company specifically in the Treasury space
- Strong understanding of Treasury products, concepts, and controls, and key regulatory and accounting concepts as they apply. Champion Treasury best practice
- Project Management skills
- Bachelor’s degree, Accountant/CFA, Treasury qualification (AMCT/MCT)
- Strong presentation skillsStrong ability to work individually without direction and take initiative
- Ability to deliver against milestones proactively and deliver results against tight deadlines
- Ability to cope with ambiguity
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships quickly and effectively with a wide network
- Superior oral and written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to roll up sleeves when required
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.