Website Filtration Group
We are delighted to have been exclusively retained by Filtration Group in their search for a Tax Director – Europe & Asia.
Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier, and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, they are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. They are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which your leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier, and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential.
Due to business growth, a new role has been created as Tax Director – Europe & Asia. Reporting into the Chicago based Tax Director, this role will provide hands on support in leading all corporate tax initiatives for Filtration Group’s business entities across these regions. This role will be 100% remote and will be based in Netherlands. Some international travel may be required post-pandemic.
Key accountabilities include:
- Manage all aspects of Dutch income tax including planning, outsourced compliance, and transfer pricing for the Company’s Dutch fiscal unity group
- Collaborate with local business teams, treasury, and tax advisors on cash management, including compliance in relation to cash distributions and forecasting of cash taxes
- Support Corporate Tax with global US GAAP annual tax provision calculation through preparation and review of foreign tax provisions, calculation of deferred taxes, and tax account reconciliations
- Support Corporate Tax and local business teams on development of global transfer pricing policies and local file documentation
- Interface with local CFO’s and Finance teams to manage tax risk, ensure adherence to European tax laws and compliance requirements (including DAC-6), and identify tax planning opportunities
- Monitor European tax law changes, drive awareness to business teams, and coordinate with local finance teams and service providers to assess impact on Filtration Group
- Manage projects related to onboarding new acquisitions in Europe and Asia
- Manage or assist with tax exams and other ad hoc projects as needed.
The successful individual will be a versatile hands-on corporate tax professional with at least 10 years’ experience within international organisations. They will be a graduate in a relevant subject area such as Finance, Economics or Accounting.
Based in Netherlands, the Tax Director will be fluent in Dutch and English, German would be a plus.
They will be experienced in building strong partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders and will have the confidence to guide and educate the business through a consultative approach.
100% remote working with the occasional travel post pandemic to business entities across Europe & Asia.
As an individual, Filtration Group would expect the successful candidate to possess:
- Expertise in Dutch income tax, accounting for income taxes (US GAAP preferred), and transfer pricing
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the experience of working within a flat structured company
- Possess an analytical, innovative, and inspiring mind and be someone who enjoys the challenge of continuing to develop the tax department
- Proven flexible team player who can manage competing priorities and anticipate and plan for future needs of the global enterprise
- Must be a strategic thinker, self-motivated and have excellent problem solving and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and take strong ownership of responsibilities.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Excel; One Source Tax Provision software experience a plus
- Communicate in an open, direct, and clear manner on a variety of levels both inside and outside
- Within an entrepreneurial business, they will possess the ability to drive change in what is a dynamic, ever-changing, and sometimes challenging environment
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Katie Hardie via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that should you apply directly to Filtration Group, your application will be integrated into the Treasury Recruitment Company retained search process.