This global player in stainless steel is looking for a Senior Trader to manage Group multi-currency positions and financial risks arising from debt financing and operational businesses. The mission includes a focus on interest rates, foreign exchange, commodities, and equities.
The Senior Trader is on day-to-day basis in relationship with the banking community and internal operational units.
This role will also develop tools for front office risk management and is part of the team being the unique interface between the company and financial markets centralised at Group treasury level based in Luxembourg.
- Treasury management: daily multi-currency treasury and cash management including term deposits, currency swaps and selection of monetary funds to optimise cash remuneration.
- Involved in the Trade Finance activity through the Reverse Factoring program already in place
- Be involved in market making and hedging risks as regards of:
– Interest rates through FRA, IRS, CIRS, Cap & Floors, etc.
– Foreign Exchange through Spot, Forward, Swaps, NDF, Options, ND
– Commodities as LME quoted Base metals (Nickel & Moly), Energy (crude oil, natural
gas, power), CO2 through swaps, futures, and options
– Equities: share buyback, Group financial participation management, stock options
plan, etc. through cash and options
- Improve the relationships with operational units and purchasing organisation to structure innovative pricing / hedging solutions to support the business and create value.
- In charge of the relationships with the banks in terms of rationalization and application of Corporate treasury policy.
- Participation to the improvement of the treasury management system.
- Set up of specific tools to follow up exposures on financial assets at Corporate Treasury level.
- Participation to global Group treasury improvement to ensure costs control and processes efficiency.
- Financial markets follow up in terms macro economic evolution, technical analysis and new listed products development
- Follow up of the short term liquidity needs (NEU CP program, Money Market lines …) working closely with the Cash Management Team
- Identify short and longer term opportunities based on micro and macro fundamentals
- Develop and execute trading strategies to generate some positive results on the dynamic hedging and prop trading books
- Market Analysis – Every day the trader is required to demonstrate a deep understanding of the different markets
- Ensure ongoing pricing of raw materials, covering main business time zone, for the commercial network of the company’s building offers to customers across business units
- Active relationships with the banks in terms of rationalisation and application of Corporate treasury policy
- Master in applied economics / finance / commodities trading, with 3 to 4 years experience dealing on financial markets, gained in a multi-national corporation and/or bank.
- In depth understanding of treasury and risk management mechanism, banking practices and financial derivatives.
- Interests for financial markets and dynamic trading positions management.
- Strong analytical mindset, good communication skills, team work capabilities and rigour necessary for this role.
- IT skills: knowledge of Bloomberg, strong capacities in Excel, VB coding is a plus
- Fluent in both English and French
- Travel: 10% time