Excited to be supporting a global client of ours based in London (Mondays & Fridays home working) who are a large part of a wider group. They are also one of the fastest growing parts of the overall business.
We are on the lookout for a Treasurer for a 12 month fixed term contract who can strategically support our clients UK Treasury team who manage liquidity and capital of various business divisions, including offerings in base and precious metals, commodities, foreign exchange and securities with new businesses due to go-live in 2022.
The team also work closely with Risk, Compliance, Finance, Operations and various trading desks and as all of these business lines expand a seasoned treasury professional is required to assist the EMEA Treasurer in ensuring sufficient resource in place during a period of rapid growth.
The Wholesale arm of the business needs an experienced team player who is able to quickly become accustomed to the various business lines and their associated technology stacks, risks and controls.
The successful candidate will have the necessary experience to allow them to rapidly understand a dynamic business and support the Treasurer in maintaining operational efficiency while taking a lead in several key projects, including the implementation of a new (in house) TMS, improving collateral management, and ensuring the business is well-placed to benefit from the currently anticipated change in the interest-rate environment.
If you have strong command of essential treasury skills such as management of foreign exchange, interest-rate, operational and counterparty risk, and in addition a good sense of what a mature treasury function looks like, this opportunity will likely be right up your street.
- Support the Treasury function and the wider business and in several key projects
- Maintain and improve the quality of Treasury management information to ensure it remains accurate and relevant to a growing business
- Identify operational process inefficiencies, recommend solutions and work on improvements as and when required
- Analyse and explain changes in liquidity profile of the business
- Management of revolving credit facility and group intercompany loans
- Work with the Treasurer to implement policies and procedures with a commercial focus to ensure the business maximises its return on cash and cash collateral
Key Requirements / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in maths / science / finance / accounting, and / or, suitable accounting or treasury qualification
- Previous Treasury management (preferably in financial services)
- Experience building a Treasury Management System preferred
What you will need
- Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective planning, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to analyse problems and deliver effective solutions
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage projects, prioritise tasks and self-motivate
- Ability to focus on timely delivery of quality outputs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams and stakeholders to resolve queries
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via email@example.com or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.