The Treasury Recruitment Company are delighted to have been EXCLUSIVELY RETAINED to recruit the Treasurer for BRE Europe who will manage their treasury strategy and organisation following a period of exceptional growth.
BRE Europe is the umbrella company providing 9 key service functions to the European based entities that are part of the Blackstone Real Estate Funds. Blackstone is a global leader in real estate investing.
The group oversees and supports 225 investment structures in various stages on an investment life cycle, comprising over 3,100 SPVs in Europe. In addition, they also oversee and support BRE Asia, the newly set-up service organisation for Blackstone Asia.
Reporting into the CFO, the Treasurer will take responsibility for leading and building the Luxembourg based Treasury team. They will build the Treasury operation in alignment with the overall growth strategy for BRE Europe and they will lead the implementation of SWIFT for the group.
The Treasurer will develop strong relationships within BRE Europe and Blackstone Treasury with core activities including;
- Efficient and strategic management of the Treasury team
- Assessment of the current state of the treasury team and skill sets
- Maintain strong relationships with all 60 banking partners especially the 5 main partner banks.
- Review bank fee structures on a frequent basis
- Manage cash to increase yield per asset portfolio considering counterparty risk
- Implement a robust short and medium term cash flow forecasting process to manage daily cash liquidity and analyses
- Implement the SWIFT multi-banking platform and review the need for a new TMS platform
- Document, implement and report on risk management policies, including FX, interest rates and counterparty risk
- Ensure a robust process is in place for performing bank reconciliations weekly or at least monthly
- Implement, maintain, review and make recommendations to the Treasury Policy and controls which are aligned to both Blackstone’s and BRE’s risk appetite
The ideal candidate will be a graduate in a finance or related degree as well as a corporate treasury professional with at least 8 years of experience gained within a multinational corporate.
You will be a finance leader able to effectively lead a team to implement treasury and finance software systems. You will possess knowledge of banking industry rules and regulations as they relate to treasury and have solid leadership and relationship building skills.
You will have an entrepreneurial and creative mindset with strong stakeholder management skills and excellent presentation and communication skills.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity or want to find out more, please email your CV to Mike Richards via email@example.com or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.