- Our client is a UK housing association who aim to Provide, Build and Empower.
- They’ve turned over £200+ million and managed over 32,000 homes.
- Main strategy is to ensure everybody has a home.
- Providing support to the Treasury and Business Planning functions of the Treasury department.
- Primary responsibility is to produce under supervision, the group’s annual financial plan incorporating the forecast financial return (FFR).
- Analysis of information for the group’s business plan including scenario analysis, stress testing and integration of finance and development data into the group’s business planning software.
- Produce under supervision the group’s financial plan and updates.
- Translation of all data used in the production of the group’s annual and quarterly financial plans into the group’s financial planning software, Brixx. Reconcile data to the budget and forecasted source data to ensure accuracy and work with the providers of data to ensure smooth transition and continuous improvement to data quality and accuracy.
- Undertake stress testing and scenario/mitigation analysis on the group’s business plan for a wide range of economic scenarios and variables. Analyse and report on the outcomes on a regular basis. Develop new methods for stress testing the group and design outputs to assist in the analysis of risk.
- Translating the group’s financial plan into the annual financial forecast return (FFR) submission to the Homes and Communities Agency. Work on improving the integration of data from the group’s financial planning software Brixx into the FFR submission. Reconcile the return to the group’s statutory accounts and provide feedback to managers on the outputs.
- Undertake the production of the business plan for credit rating purposes. Produce analysis required for the annual S&P credit submission.
- Monitor and report on the group’s Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and assist in the development of new reporting methods through the group’s financial planning process.
- Assist in extracting development data from the group’s development system and converting to the format required for input into the groups business planning software Brixx. For each instance of updated development data, reconcile to the latest available development forecast and ensure all assumptions remain relevant.
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual living business plan document as required.
- Provide assistance in the development of new business plan reporting functionality and reporting.
- Produce the monthly Group and entity level cash flow forecasts.
- Continue to develop the monthly cash flow forecast process to improve its accuracy and effectiveness.
- Any other ad hoc projects as required.
- Develop reports using the finance tools available to improve the access to data required by the Treasury department and work to reduce manual tasks in the team.
- To attend Brixx user group meetings and assist in the development internally of Brixx.
- Any other support as required to the Treasury Manager or Director of Treasury.
Education and Experience
- Relevant treasury/finance qualification/business degree or experience
- It would be desirable to have experience in financial planning, analysis scenarios and stress testing analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of general IT technologies, to include Microsoft Excel (advanced) plus working knowledge of Business Information/Analysis Tools and Microsoft Word
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- An ideal understanding of the treasury function
- Strong communicator, showing confidence working at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrable understanding of the importance of customer service
- Ability to build an understanding of the technical requirements of the department to aid administrative activities