Our client is a global leader in fibre-based specialty materials in the search for a Treasury Back Office & Trade Compliance Specialist based in Helsinki.
Our client is looking at strengthening its Treasury and Risk function. As part of this journey, they are looking for a talented individual to take ownership of their Treasury Back Office activities and Trade Compliance tasks. In this role you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your expertise in both of the above-mentioned areas of responsibility.
To be successful, you will be the lynch pin between Treasury, (Hedge) Accounting, and other internal and external stakeholders as needed.
The Treasury Back Office & Trade Compliance Specialist is a key member of the Treasury team, and will report to the Group Treasurer & Chief Risk Officer
- Treasury payments and related accounting
- Settlement of and accounting for emission rights (CO2) transactions
- Settlement of and accounting for financial derivatives to hedge energy (natural gas) exposures.
- Assisting in KYC (know-your-customer) processes in co-operation with Treasury colleagues and other departments as needed.
- Ensure correctness of daily market data imports into various systems
- Responsible for the guarantees in the Group in co-operation with Treasury Risk Manager
- Assisting in Factoring related daily tasks
- Take ownership for correct and timely delivery of inputs related to the area of expertise, for periodic internal and external reporting, including to the National Bank(s) as required.
- Responsible for Trade Compliance screenings and any required follow-up actions with internal stakeholders or external counterparts.
- The position includes close interaction and support to the business areas, business units and plants as well as close co-operation with the Legal function for Trade Compliance and KYC activities.
- Act as back-up for the Treasury Controller (Middle Office) function.
- Back up for Factoring Manager (for daily factoring tasks)
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, supplemented with at least 3 / ideally 5+ years of relevant experience in a Treasury Back Office role in a corporate or banking environment.
- Solid understanding of banking solutions and payments in an international context, and of Treasury related items in financial statements (e.g. Cash Accounting), and related frameworks and best practices (e.g. relevant IFRS standards).
- Working knowledge of Trade Compliance, and of typical financial instruments and IFRS standards related to Treasury is considered as an asset.
- Technologically astute, able to interpret comprehensive sets of data, and to work with relevant banking and Treasury software, as well as other ITS applications (e.g. SAP, HFM, Power BI, E2Open).
- Focus on Continuous Improvement, and advanced (verbal and written) communication skills to coordinate and drive alignment and cooperation between stakeholders in various parts of the organization. The incumbent should be confident in both English and Finnish professional language.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team.
- Excellent mathematical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Experience in an international work environment.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Katie Hardie via email@example.comApply for this job