Clarion Housing Group
We are delighted to have been retained by Clarion Housing Group in their search for a Director of Treasury & Corporate Finance.
Clarion Housing Group is the largest housing association in the UK, with a heritage dating back over 100 years of providing good quality and affordable homes for over 350,000 people.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Treasury & Corporate Finance focuses upon ensuring the Group has sufficient funding and liquidity to deliver its strategic financing plans, including a target of delivering 4,000 new homes per year.
They will achieve this by providing strategic guidance to the Treasury Committee and Boards as necessary within the Group on capital structure, corporate finance, and funding.
Managing the funding programme including relationships, compliance, risk, and credit ratings.
- Leading, inspiring, and managing the 10-strong Treasury and Corporate Finance team, and reporting to the Group’s Treasury Committee
- Developing and deploying an effective treasury management policy and function that delivers the targets in the business plan and ensures that the Group can fund its ambitions.
- Developing, managing, and maintaining the Group’s capital structure to reflect funding requirements, risk, lender and investor appetite, the corporate structure of the Group, commercial vs charitable activity, and long-term funding requirements. Innovating and delivering new funding opportunities to both support the Groups ambitions and diversify the funding base.
- Managing relationships with the Group’s banking and financing partners including monitoring and managing compliance with funding facilities of the Group’s collateral assets and introducing new banking partners where appropriate. Ensuring optimal and robust security arrangements providing maximum flexibility and capacity over the long term.
- Taking the lead in investor relations to ensure that the Group is seen as a credible and strong counterparty over the long term.
- Managing the Group’s relations with ratings agencies and actively manage the Group’s liquidity position to ensure that it can meet its operational objectives and having due regard to liquidity risk.
- Promoting and developing the Group’s ESG credentials to maximise funding opportunities and investor support.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Treasurer with a strong track record of delivery and achievement, preferably with a Treasury qualification.
You will have a deep understanding of the politics and technical issues arising from managing a complex loan portfolio, a proven track record of managing lender and investor relations, and experience of the debt capital markets transactions.
You will have a proven ability to build rapport and strong professional relationships with a range of senior stakeholders whilst managing competing priorities.
You will possess the credibility and track record to gain the trust and respect of senior executive and non-executive colleagues, and an ability to influence decision making in the business.
In addition, you will have a proven ability to build and manage teams, providing high levels of service, as well as excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity or want to find out more, please email your CV to Mike Richards via email@example.com or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.
Please note you must have the relevant Right to Work for this role. Sponsorship will not be offered.
For more information visit here – Right To Work – Sponsorship is Not Offered
The initial application process for this has now closed. However, if you wish to be considered in the second round or for other Group Treasurer roles that are often not advertised due to confidentiality (as we explain in this video; https://treasuryrecruitment.com/senior_treasury_roles/), then please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org