Website Orbit Group
We are delighted to have been retained by Orbit Group in their search for a Director of Corporate Finance and Treasury.
After successfully finding Treasurers for both Clarion Housing and Sovereign Housing, we were delighted to make the hat-trick by helping Orbit find their next senior treasury professional.
Orbit was formed with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to afford to buy their own home.
Over 50 years later, Orbit are one of the leading housing providers in the UK with over 45,000 homes and providing services to more than 100,000 customers and committed to making a major contribution to tackling the UK housing crisis by increasing the number of affordable homes in the country.
Orbit are also proud to be included in the prestigious ‘Sunday Times Best 100 Companies To Work For’ list.
Responsible to the Group Finance Director, the new Director of Corporate Finance and Treasury will strategically lead, develop, and manage Orbit Groups loan portfolio, investments, banking, and key funding relationships.
They will be responsible for developing the Groups borrowing and investment strategies, identifying, appraising, and arranging new external capital and structuring transactions. They will also service and report to the Group Board and Treasury Board.
The incumbent will be required to work in the office/on-site 2 or 3 days a week and WFH for the remainder.
- Facilitate the strategic allocation of the Group’s financial resources to support the Group’s operational and investment objectives
- Coordinate, develop, and communicate the organisations funding, investment and treasury risk management policies and strategies
- Appraise new and initiative funding opportunities and making recommendations on a timely basis
- Lead and manage relationships and communications with banks, investors, financial advisers/analysts, credit rating agencies and regulators
- Raise the profile of the organisation with external organisations and investment counterparties
- Ensure that obligations within funding agreements are identified and complied with and that the implications of these agreements are highlighted, as necessary
- Take responsibility for the delivery of the Group’s annual Treasury Strategy, Funding Plan, Treasury Management Policy, and treasury budget
- Ensure the efficient and effective management of the loan portfolio and day-to-day banking, maximising investment returns within the approved risk parameters and that obligations of financial derivatives are complied with, and implications of these agreements are highlighted, as necessary
- Ensure the most effective use of the Group’s asset base for loan security and that there is a sound system of internal controls and risk management within the treasury function
- Provide strategic treasury support in respect of growth initiatives i.e., M&A activity and JV’s etc
- Serve and support the Treasury Board’s and Group Board members
- Provide and present financial information as required to the Board and Executive providing regular reports and recommendations as appropriate
The ideal candidate will be both a qualified treasury and accounting professional. You will possess demonstrable experience of working in a corporate or banking treasury environment or equivalent. Experience of issuing debt in the capital markets would also be highly desirable.
You will possess an understanding and experience in the application of financial markets, loan facilities and instruments and associated legal process, hedging, and forecasting techniques with experience of managing a complex derivative portfolio and understanding of regulatory requirements, along with associated accounting standards.
Ideally, you should possess experience of managing cash flow where turnover is more than £200 million and experience in the management of a debt portfolio more than £500 million.
You will be extremely thorough with Advanced spreadsheet skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience of producing reports on complex matters to promote a clear understanding of the scenario.
In addition, you will have significant experience of managing teams of finance staff and delivering outputs to tight deadlines.
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Mike Richards via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.