Reporting To: Head of Group Treasury
Our client is a prominent privately held company operating globally with annual revenues exceeding Â£1 billion. The groups expansive operations span 50 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa, and the Americas. Supported by institutional investors, our client is well-equipped with substantial financial resources for strategic acquisitions. The group currently employs a partially decentralized treasury structure, characterized by a diverse network of banks and accounts resulting from its global M&A strategy. The company primarily relies on debt markets to fund its growth, with cash flows often fluctuating following debt raises associated with acquisitions. There are several ongoing treasury initiatives focused on optimizing yield and enhancing overall cash management.
Our client is currently looking to add a highly skilled Treasury Operations Analysts to their Group Treasury team. This role is based in the Central London office, offering the flexibility of remote work. As part of a dynamic team of three professionals, you will play a pivotal role in driving and supporting critical cash and risk management projects and operations for the entire group. Collaboration with diverse departments and colleagues throughout the organization is at the heart of this role, with a strong focus on three core areas. Leading the implementation of the cash pooling project. Establishing pool bank connectivity and account rationalization and providing valuable support for various treasury projects and operations.
Cash pooling project:
- Lead the delivery of the groups cash pooling project, ensuring its continued development and evolution.
- Collaborate with global Finance, Treasury, and Project teams to meet program deliverables.
- Analyze bank account data to identify, monitor, and manage working capital cycles, target balances, and overdraft limits.
- Establish and maintain a multicurrency notional pool with target/zero balance sweeping arrangements.
- Develop and manage a post-acquisition treasury integration process to onboard pool participants.
- Serve as the point of contact for new entrants to the cash pool and liaise between the group pooling project management office and business.
- Provide regular reporting on key performance indicators of the pooling project.
- Manage pooling agreements and amendments in coordination with the legal team.
Bank account connectivity and rationalization:
- Engage with the pool bank population to enable SWIFT reporting to the Treasury Management System (TMS).
- Administer banking documentation related to the opening and closing of pooling accounts, including KYC and due diligence.
- Maintain bank account signatories for Group Treasury.
- Oversee the administration of banking portal access for Group Treasury, setting up access profiles, payment flows, statement feeds, and reports.
- Drive rationalization of existing bank accounts and optimize accounts for newly acquired entities joining the pool.
Treasury and cash management activities:
- Assist in daily TMS cash management processes.
- Contribute to cash flow forecasting, analysis, and reporting obligations.
- Provide support for other emerging group projects as needed.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external policies, procedures, and governance.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a multicurrency cash pooling structure.
- Proficiency in operating and developing a Treasury Management System (TMS), with experience in Kyriba being a distinct advantage.
- Ideal candidates will be part-qualified through the Association of Corporate Treasurers (ACT) as a minimum.
- Previous experience in group treasury or finance functions of global insurance companies or international insurance brokers.
- Prior exposure to treasury in-house banking.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel for analysis (including VLookups and pivot tables).
- Strong attention to detail, with a solid grasp of financial control principles.