Anglian Water Group
AWG, Anglian Water Group are a multi award winning business founded on the supply of water and the water cycle supply. The Group supply water and water recycling services to almost seven million domestic and business customers in the East of England and Hartlepool. Their services are at the heart of every single family and community in the region. They clean water to the highest standard, deliver it to millions of homes, and carefully manage it to ensure it never runs out.
They are the largest water and water recycling company in England and Wales by geographic area. They are also one of the driest regions in the country, with just 600 millimetres of rain each year, on average a third less than the rest of England. In fact, some areas have a lower annual rainfall than Jerusalem. That is why it is vital that they look after the water that they have.
Reporting to the Assistant Treasurer of Debt & Operations, our clients team are recruiting a Treasury Operations Manager who will take responsibility over the management of various back-office operational tasks and projects, including a focus around debt and trade confirmations and the end-to-end daily cash process. You will be deeply involved in technical system-based projects and be able to put your problem-solving skills to the test. A real “people person” focused role with a “coach” like opportunity to supervise 2 direct Junior reports.
Back Office Operations:
- delivery of daily control process to ensure all bank interfaces are processed and opening balances are available in the Treasury Management System
- supervision of the daily deal settlements, payments, and interest payments processes
- ensure appropriate training of team members to ensure that they have appropriate knowledge of treasury strategy and transactions
- undertaking back-office duties for complex treasury transactions such as bonds, energy derivatives and interest rate swaps, including regulatory reporting (EMIR)
- responsibility for final sign-off for all treasury transactions undertaken each day by the Treasury team
- ensure that Group bank mandates are kept up to date, agreeing changes and clearly communicating internally and implementing externally
- maintain system for establishing and reviewing (at least annually) counterparty credit limits ensuring no breaches. Review daily rating actions by interpreting and challenging data from banks and market sources
- facilitate and use judgement on sourcing of new banks and liquidity funds, including organising research, meetings and preparing papers with recommendations as to credit limits and appropriate periods to invest. Obtain approval, undertake KYC check and ensure appropriately set up on the treasury management system
- owner of Contingency Plan and Disaster Recover
- implement, and annually test appropriate business continuity through the Contingency Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan as required
- ensure that cash forecasts are submitted monthly to Treasury, consolidated and provided to colleagues to enable the Treasury Middle Office team to review against Board approved budgets and forecasts
- month-end actual cash information reporting prepared using Tagetik to provide to the Treasury Middle Office team
- training and supervision of direct report
- training and development of team members involved in the daily dealing process to ensure they are using technology and processes appropriately
As a person you will be commercially minded and analytical, capable of breaking complex data into manageable chunks and communicating the outputs to differing stakeholders. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate highly technical issues to non-financial staff.
You will be able to assess / interpret business issues, how they impact the company’s credit position and financial covenants, and exercise judgement to steer the company to a commercially advantageous position.
- experience of treasury controls within a corporate treasury function
- strong team working skills
- flexible attitude / ability to act on own initiative
- proven ability to react quickly to often complex situations, with the ability to assimilate, understand and challenge, and then to resolve appropriately
- strong interpersonal and communication skills (particularly the ability to communicate at all levels within an organisation)
- excellent Excel and treasury Systems skills
- ability to be a “doer” as well as a manager
How to Apply
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your CV to Craig Perkins via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 203 603 4448 to discuss further.