On this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, I’m joined by Oliver Gerstberger, Director of Corporate Funding, for the Selecta Group in Switzerland. Oliver has carved out an impressive career by finding ways in which he can continually add value for his employers.
Before this role, Oliver was the Head of Group Treasury, Tax & Insurance at Selecta, where he established the group treasury and tax as a business partner to fund the business expansion of Selecta.
Oliver started his career in banking, equity and then FX sales, before deciding to make the move into treasury. He used his experience to position his move into treasury. While Treasurer at REHAU, a leader in polymer solutions for the construction and automotive industry, he led a 3-year transformation project to introduce a new group wide multi-banking platform.
Selecta is a leading European vending and self-service coffee services provider. Headquartered in Switzerland since 1957, it is now the European market leader. Selecta focus on creating the perfect coffee experience workplaces and for on the go. They have over 9,000 employees and 250,000 customers spanning 16 countries. It serves more than 10 million consumers a day through its 460,000 points of sale across Europe.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Why always asking “where can I add value?” can help drive your career
- How Oliver used his banking experience as an asset to transition into a treasury role at REHAU
- How he stood out in the company by driving added value for the company, bringing new ideas and building strong teams of experts
- How private investors at Selecta look to add value and how a treasury manager needs to constantly help shape that
- The challenges and benefits of working across both treasury and tax
- How Oliver believes all treasury managers need make sure they are listening to the problems in the business and finding ways to make things better
- How in order to make your next career move, you need to consider where you can add value
If you would like to get in touch with Oliver, you can connect with him via his LinkedIn profile.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!