Rajan Gupta, the Global Tax & Treasurer at Hyva Holding B.V., joins me on this episode of The Treasury Career Corner Podcast. Rajan is a result-oriented professional with almost two decades of experience in managing corporate treasury and tax function in manufacturing, telecommunications, and banking sectors in Asian and Global roles.
He has extensive experience in managing global tax and treasury functions in over 30 countries. Rajan possesses a high level of planning, analytical, and liaison skills and is the winner of Nortel Global CFO Award for Excellence for 2 years, for innovation in Finance.
Rajan now works as the Global Tax & Treasurer at Hyva Holding B.V., which was founded in 1979 in The Netherlands. Hyva is one of the world’s leading providers of innovative and highly efficient transport solutions for the commercial vehicle and environmental service industries. With over 20,000 customers and more than 40% global market share in front-end tipping cylinders, Hyva’s solutions move the world.
Today, after being in operation for more than 40 years, Hyva is present in 110+ countries, has more than 30 fully-owned subsidiaries, has reached extraordinary service coverage and a manufacturing base that includes 12 production facilities across China, India, Brazil, and Europe.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Rajan unexpectedly found his way to treasury
- Why, in many ways, one of the main challenges that treasurers face is to keep the company alive
- What lead Rajan to embrace an international move
- Rajan recalls his first encounter with global treasury
- An insight into the role of global treasurer at Hyva
- How to be a good leader and manager for your team
- Why you shouldn’t underestimate the value of training and coaching
- Rajan predicts what challenges treasurers will experience in the near future
If you’d like to get in touch with Rajan, you can connect with him on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!