From Wall Street to banking treasury to finally landing on corporate treasury, it’s safe to say that this Treasury Career Corner episode’s guest has been around the block.
Ben Loper, Senior Vice President, Corporate Treasurer and Head of Financing at Hilton Grand Vacations, has leveraged his vast experience to forge his career ahead. He shares his unique origin story as well as how he successfully transitioned from the banking end of treasury to a more corporate position.
In his current role, Ben is responsible for funding, capital markets, risk management, global cash management, loan underwriting and loan servicing. Prior to that, he was Vice President and Liability Funding Manager at BBVA Compass, responsible for a $13 billion wholesale funding portfolio. This was right after he held various roles on Wall Street within the equity research department of an investment bank.
Hilton Grand Vacations is a global timeshare company engaged in developing, marketing, selling and managing timeshare resorts primarily under the Hilton Grand Vacations brand. At Hilton Grand Vacations, their culture of hospitality extends to our more than 8,500 Team Members who collectively play an important role in delivering exceptional service, quality accommodations, and memorable travel experiences.
On the podcast Ben Loper and I discussed…
- How Ben discovered finance and branched into treasury
- Working on Wall Street vs working in a company
- Why Ben ventured into banking treasury
- The benefits of having experience in both the operational and business side of treasury
- Making the transition from banking to treasury
- Ben’s ethos on treasury
- What Ben sees in the future of treasury
- Ben’s take on the difficulty of training remotely
- How remote work has made certifications more important
- Ben’s advice to people getting started in treasury
You can connect with Ben on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!