When you’re building a treasury team, there’s a lot to think about, considering how vital treasury is to operations.
That’s what Steve Rosenthal, the Global Treasurer and Managing Director at Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc., explained in this episode of The Treasury Career Corner podcast. Steve originally joined us back in 2020 to discuss the intricacies of building a team.
Steve took a very unconventional route into treasury with degrees in psychology and clinical psychology. But conversations with the right people and a detailed program won him over to the treasury side of things. Since then, Steve has served in different treasury roles at Bear Stearns and Morgan Stanley. However, he’s been at Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc., for about 15 years.
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with $5 billion in revenue, helps clients get ahead of today’s challenges to capitalise on what’s next with communications, technology and data and analytics solutions that help transform their businesses.
They handle millions of trades a day involving trillions of dollars, deliver essential communications for over 5,000 brands and manage shareholder voting in 90 countries.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Steve went from studying psychology to working in treasury
- How to navigate through different treasury team structures
- How to build your credibility and make a real impact within your organisation
- Important qualities of potential new “treasury athletes”
- Why you should always be open to learning from others and always be willing to teach others too
- Steve shares his top tips for aspiring treasurers and anyone looking to climb the ladder
You can connect with Steve on Linkedin.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!