In this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, I’m delighted to be joined by Shailesh Bettadapur, VP & Treasurer at Mohawk Industries.
Shailesh S. Bettadapur is Vice President and Treasurer of Mohawk Industries, Inc, where he is responsible for financing, capital structure management, treasury operations, risk management, and M&A. Prior to joining Mohawk in August 2010, Mr. Bettadapur held a number of senior positions with other companies and has considerable international experience in Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
On the podcast we discussed:
- How Shailesh got his first break in treasury
- A comparison between the treasury industry of the 90’s to modern-day treasury and how the industry has changed
- Shailesh shares his experience working internationally in places such as Detroit, Belgium and Singapore
- Shailesh’s experience working for Johnson Controls and how it compared to other firms he has worked for in the past
- An insight into Shailesh’s current role as VP and treasurer at Mohawk Industries
- How treasury is structured in Mohawk
- Shailesh reveals his ethos in treasury and how he has seen treasury change over the course of his career
- Must-have qualities if you’re applying for a new job role within treasury
- The importance of having integrity and “energy” as a treasurer
- Recruiting challenges experienced by Shailesh
- How the candidate pool has changed over the years
- Shailesh shares his view on where he sees treasury going in the future
- How blockchain and artificial intelligence will impact the future of treasury
- Career advice for anyone seeking employment in treasury
- Much, much more!
If you would like to get in touch with Shailesh, you can connect with him via his LinkedIn profile.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for iTunes click here!