Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work as the Head of Group Treasury for a company with €1 billion in turnover? Find out when you tune into this episode of the Treasury Career Corner Podcast, where I interview Topi Jokiranta, the Head of Group Treasury at Rettig Group Ltd.
Topi is currently the Head of Group Treasury for Rettig based in Finland, with overall responsibility for a multitude of things including treasury, overall FX and IR risk management, funding and financing of subsidiaries, repatriation and capital structure planning. But, his responsibilities don’t end there. Topi is also responsible for building the external funding strategy and execution for ongoing business as usual as well as M&A events and the development of treasury policies, treasury reporting, processes, and governance.
He’s a man who wears many hats and has experience working in London, Amsterdam, and Singapore. He holds a host of qualifications including a BBA Hons and HEAO Degree from Mercuria Business School (Vantaa, Finland) & Hogeschool Holland, majoring in Corporate Finance, an MBA in Finance from Aalto University in Finland and an Association of Corporate Treasurers (AMCT) qualification.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Topi got into treasury and an interesting overview of his career
- How technology can assist and support the future development of treasury
- Why you should take the AMCT if you want to pursue a successful treasury career
- Advantages and disadvantages of working in PLC’s, Public and Private companies
- The important role of ownership in a small treasury team or department
- Why you should always seek to do something new and not repeat the same job with each career move
If you’d like to get in touch with Topi, you can connect and/or reach out to him via LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here: treasuryrecruitment.com/jobs. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for iTunes click here!