I’m thrilled to be joined by Heather Nisbet, the Group Treasurer at Global Fashion Group, on this episode of the Treasury Career Corner Podcast. During our discussion, we dive into how she built her incredible career and where she sees herself and the treasury profession going next.
Heather graduated from Heriot Watt University in Edinburgh with a BSc in Mathematics with First Class Honours. She then continued her studies and gained her CIMA qualification in 2014 followed by the AMCT Diploma in Treasury with Distinctions in 2016, where she was also awarded as the best performing student.
Her first exposure to treasury was as a Treasury Dealer/Cash Management for Tesco in 2013. She then moved into an International Accountant role and later a Senior FX and Energy Dealer role with the same company. In 2016, she moved to Informa as their Risk Manager before progressing to the role of Acting Assistant Group Treasurer in 2017.
Heather currently works as a Group Treasurer for the Global Fashion Group, a leading online fashion and lifestyle destination for global growth markets.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Heather went from graduating with a degree in Maths to launching her successful career within treasury
- The steps she took to eventually win the 2016 Prize Winner Award for AMCT
- Why she decided to move from different companies to new roles throughout her career
- What the growing pains have been like for Global Fashion Group as they continue to scale
- Heather shares her prediction of where she sees the future of treasury going next
- How the rise of Blockchain has impacted the treasury industry
- Career advice for anyone looking to emulate Heather’s career
If you would like to get in touch with Heather, you can connect with her via LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for iTunes click here!