Treasury professional, Dimitris Damdimopoulos joins the Treasury Career Corner podcast to share his story of how he came into treasury, scaled an impressive career and advice for aspiring treasurers who dream of mimicking his success.
Dimitris is the Senior Treasury Analyst at Imperial Brands PLC in Bristol, UK. With a purpose to create something better for the world’s smokers, Imperial Brands PLC are focusing on strengthening their sustainability by delivering high quality products and moving away from solely working with tobacco products.
Prior to joining Imperial Brands, Dimitris worked as the Cash Management Team Lead for Zalando SE, Berlin, Germany since 2018. He was responsible for cash management operations in a centralised Group Treasury function with 4 direct FTE’s and a reporting line to the Head of Group Treasury. A few of his main duties included liquidity forecasting, bank account management for the group’s legal entities in Europe, banking regulatory compliance, European cash pool implementation and management, cash management adviser on strategic Group initiatives and many more.
Before joining Zalando, Dimitris worked as Head of Cash Management for TUI AG in Hannover, Germany. There, he was responsible for transitioning cash management operations, integrating systems and centralising reporting from UK to Germany. From his past experience, education and business skills, it’s clear that Dimitris has a proven track record in Global Treasury Cash and risk management experience with methodical attention to detail and a transformational leadership style.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Dimitris found his way to treasury after working for the British Army
- What it’s like to go from banking to corporate treasury
- How Dimitris launched his own catering taco truck business
- Dealing with challenges when it comes to relocating and working in treasury oversees
- The two main areas of a well-versed treasury function
- How the future of treasury will be impacted by advancing technology
- Career advice for anyone about to take the first steps in their treasury career
- The importance of having a mentor to help build your experience and skills
If you’d like to get in touch with Dimitris, head over to his LinkedIn profile.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for iTunes click here!