Technology has had a huge impact on the treasury industry over the last few years and as technology continues to develop, a lot of treasury professionals are curious to find out how it will impact the future of the industry. I was curious about this too, which is why I invited Felix Meyer, the Business IT Manager and Treasury Technology Expert at ABB Capital B.V, onto this episode of The Treasury Career Corner podcast.
Felix has over 10 years of experience leading, driving and consulting projects of various sizes in a multi-cultural environment. His true passion lies with IT and treasury technology. He has a lot of business and technical experience in the financial technology sector and program management from requirements gathering to RFP, technical design, execution, implementation, communication, on-boarding, and stakeholder management.
He currently works as the Corporate Treasury Business IT Manager at ABB Capital B.V., which is a financial services company based out of Rotterdam, Netherlands. ABB is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. ABB’s history of innovation spans over 130 years and there is currently four customer-focused, globally leading businesses under the ABB umbrella, operating in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
On the podcast we discussed…
- What attracted Felix to treasury technology and automation
- How treasury technology has evolved and why it’s worth your time
- How new systems and solutions are impacting the dynamics of treasury teams
- Whether treasurers should invest in emerging technology
- What keeps Felix enthusiastic and passionate about treasury technology
- How technology can add value to the future of treasury
- Why it’s important for treasurers to keep up with technological upgrades
- Felix’s tips to help aspiring treasurers embrace technology and follow a similar career path to his
If you’d like to get in touch with Felix Meyer, you can connect with him via his LinkedIn profile.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on.