My guest on this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, Joseph Neu, is the Founder and CEO of NeuGroup, and strongly believes in the power of networking and learning from other finance professionals.
Joseph founded NeuGroup 25 years ago to provide insight to treasury and finance leaders to help them succeed. In 2001, he transformed the company into a membership organisation for leading peer knowledge exchange, starting with the tech sector, via peer groups segmented by company size, sector or job role. This carefully curated network now includes many of the world’s most iconic companies and over 500 corporate finance and treasury professionals from a variety of sectors.
With its current mission, NeuGroup seeks to connect every corporate finance and treasury professional who wants to share and learn with others willing to do the same. They distil insight from these exchanges to help them succeed. Joseph is also a master distiller of insight for all NeuGroup stakeholders and a regular contributor to NeuGroup Insights, the company’s digital newsletter.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Joseph’s impressive career path from his early days to launching his company, NeuGroup
- What sparked Joseph’s initial interest in treasury
- What NeuGroup does and its core mission
- How to create a trusted environment where people feel safe to open up
- The importance of giving and developing this habit of success
- The value of being part of a membership and connecting with others
- How technology will change the dynamic of treasury departments
- How to advance in your career and reach your full potential
If you’d like to connect with Joseph, you can reach out to him via his LinkedIn profile.
If you’d like to read the book that Joseph recommended in this episode, Give and Take by Adam Grant, click here.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!