How can you build your credibility as a treasurer within an organisation?
My guest, Steve Rosenthal, the Group Treasurer at Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc. and I cover this and more on this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast. We also explore how the treasury recruitment space has evolved over the years and how the younger generations are impacting the future of the industry.
Broadridge Financial Solutions is a public United States-based corporate services company. The main business of Broadridge is as a service provider supplying public companies with proxy statements, annual reports, and other financial documents, and shareholder communications solutions, such as virtual annual meetings.
Broadridge began as the brokerage services division of ADP in 1962. Since becoming independent in 2007, they have grown into a global Fintech company with over $4 billion in revenues and are recognised as an invaluable partner for the world’s leading companies and financial institutions. They drive business transformation for their clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimising efficiency and generating revenue growth. They handle millions of trades a day involving trillions of dollars, support communications that reach 75% of North American households and manage shareholder voting in 90 countries.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Steve went from studying psychology to working as a Group Treasurer at Broadridge Financial Solutions, Inc
- Why Steve ‘fell in love’ with treasury
- How to navigate through different treasury team structures
- How to build your credibility and make a real impact within your organisation
- How to bring new ideas and strategies to your treasury team and continue to scale
- Important qualities of potential new “treasury athletes”
- Why you should always be open to learning from others and always be willing to teach others too
- How to train and empower younger generations
- How to build a productive treasury environment
- Steve shares his top tips for aspiring treasurers and anyone looking to climb the ladder
To get in touch with Steve, you can connect with him via LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!