How can you embrace technology in treasury in order to further your career?
This is a topic that I dig into with Jeff Diorio, the Director at Treasury Strategies. We also explore how technology doesn’t replace jobs and in fact enhances them, how organisations need to get better at implementing technology, and how mastering technology will improve your chances of being recruited into senior positions in the industry.
Jeff works in the Technology Consulting Practice at Treasury Strategies, Inc. He has more than 20 years of experience in both technology as well as global treasury operations that allow him to bring a strategic focus to this leadership role. Throughout his career, he has successfully led clients through the implementation of custom treasury systems and has directed seamless, off-the-shelf integrations.
Treasury Strategies, is a division of Novantas, Inc. the leading consulting firm working with corporations and financial institutions in the areas of treasury, payments and liquidity. Their experience and thought leadership in treasury management, working capital management, liquidity and payments, combined with their comprehensive view of the market, rewards clients with a unique perspective, unparalleled insights and actionable solutions.
Prior to joining the Treasury Strategies team, Jeff worked at several financial software solution vendors including Sungard, SS&C, and Algorithmics, including roles in client services, product development and sales. During his 17 years with Sungard, he developed the first profitable ASP (eTreasury.com) as well as their initial hosted offerings. Jeff began his career as a Programmer/Analyst on Wall Street, specialising in fixed income.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Jeff transitioned from IT program management to client services
- Career transition, the pros and cons of having 5 jobs in 7 years, and when the time is right to step into consulting
- What Treasury Strategies does and their focus on controls, automation, strategic advice and implementing technology
- How technology in treasury does not replace people and how it makes their jobs more interesting
- How Jeff has seen tremendous resistance to enact on technology in treasury
- People need to embrace technological change and become a master of technology in order to move on and upwards in your career
- The future of treasury and how Jeff thinks treasury will take a larger more strategic role in organisations
- The importance of finding mentors, fostering relationships and finding your way to add the most value in the organisation
To get in touch with Jeff, you can connect with him via LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!