We’re facing unprecedented times with the coronavirus (COVID-19) forcing many of us to adjust how and where we work. Working remotely has become the ‘new normal’ and many of us have swapped offices and busy workplaces for virtual meet-ups from home. This shift comes with a learning curve, which is why I invited Bruce Edlund, the Senior Director, Assistant Treasurer at Citrix, to join me on this special episode of The Treasury Career Corner podcast.
Founded in Richardson, Texas in 1989, Citrix Systems, Inc. is an American multinational software company that provides server, application and desktop virtualisation, networking, software as a service, and cloud computing technologies. Citrix aims to power a world where people, organisations and things are securely connected and accessible to make the extraordinary possible. With a 2019 annual revenue of $3.01 billion, Citrix solutions are in use by more than 400,000 organisations worldwide, including 99% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Fortune 500.
As the Assistant Treasurer at Citrix Systems, Inc. based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Bruce Edlund manages a global team of four who are responsible for cash and liquidity management, investments, capital structure, cash flow and balance sheet hedging, capital markets activity and bank relationships.
Bruce has over 15 years of treasury experience starting as Assistant Treasurer at DIRECTV Latin America, Senior Corporate Treasury Manager at Citrix, Director of Global Cash Management at Walmart Stores, Inc. and returning to Citrix six years ago. His experience in very different-sized companies in different industries has given Bruce a wealth of experience in treasury systems and different ways of tackling treasury’s challenges.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Bruce went from working in banking to cash management and treasury
- The importance of finding a role that is right for you
- Why Bruce left Citrix and returned after working at Walmart
- How Citrix helps companies and teams work remotely
- How treasury teams can successfully work from home
- Bruce reveals his thoughts on the technological evolution of treasury
- Common issues treasurers face with their treasury workstations and how to overcome them
- The value of networking conferences and events within treasury (even if it’s virtually!)
- Qualities and skills Bruce looks for when recruiting a new team member
- Bruce shares his key tips for anyone aspiring to pursue a similar career path
If you’d like to get in touch with Bruce, you can reach out to him on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!