Jeffrey Zomback, a Treasury and Capital Markets executive (and Global Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer) with over 20 years’ experience in the Financial Services industry with a focus in Real Estate, joins me on this episode of the Treasury Career Corner Podcast.
Jeff has extensive capital markets experience having executed over $4 billion in credit facilities, leading to significant corporate growth and establishing an unencumbered debt strategy and Investment Grade rating. In addition, Jeff has executed in excess of $1 billion in U.S. and Euro bond issuances while managing company risk exposure, formulating FX hedging policies yielding major exposure reduction and mark-to-market gains exceeding $90 million.
Jeff has also cultivated strong relationships with global banking centres as well as numerous mid-tier and regional banks.
Jeff spent the last eight years working at W. P. Carey and Paramount Group, with a primary focus in commercial “Trophy A” office space, mixed-use properties and single tenant triple net assets. Prior, Jeff worked for 20 years in various capacities at AIG, including directing global Treasury operations in the U.S., Europe and Asia. He began his career in public accounting with Ernst & Young.
Jeff received a B.S. in Accounting from Binghamton University. He holds an MBA in Corporate Finance from Fordham University and is a Certified Public Accountant.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Jeffrey shares how he got started in treasury and the steps he took to get to where he is today
- How Jeffrey and his team implemented treasury work stations to help manage cash
- How Jeffrey dealt with the financial crisis
- The problem with working with accountants who lack treasury experience
- Characteristics of a good mentor and leader in treasury
- A look inside the world of real estate treasury in light of COVID-19
- What Jeffrey is looking for in regard to his future career in treasury
- Jeffrey talks about his experience as a coach
- The importance of having integrity as a treasurer
- Where Jeffrey sees treasury going next
You can get in touch with Jeffrey by connecting with him on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here.
Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here! (http://www.treasurycareercorner.com/itunes/)