I’m thrilled to talk to Julie Fabris, my special guest on this episode of the Treasury Career Corner Podcast. Julie is the Treasurer at Britax Childcare Group Limited, a British manufacturer of childcare products including car seats, pushchairs and high chairs. The company began making automotive safety equipment and accessories in 1938, as well as importing car and motorcycle accessories.
During the 1970s, Britax began making childcare safety products, primarily child safety seats and strollers. Julie has an established career in corporate treasury and is currently treasurer for Britax, who are a global children’s car seat manufacturer. Her previous treasury roles have involved experiences in both PE-owned and Public companies across a variety of industries (such as FMCG, retail, property and building materials).
An active member of the Association of Corporate Treasurers, Julie has been supportive by presenting and being on panel discussions, organising the London regional network events in the past, and was a judge on the panel for the Deals of the Year awards.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Julie went from accountancy to treasury
- How the ACT exams have evolved since Julie took them in the earlier days of her career
- Julie’s experience as Group Treasurer for Woolworths
- What it was like working as a treasurer for a private equity company
- How important qualifications are if you want to establish a career in treasury
- What corporate treasurers need to plan for and focus on in upcoming months
- Julie shares her top tips for anyone who wants to build a successful treasury career
If you want to get in touch with Julie, you can connect with her via LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen on, for Apple Podcasts click here!