Diversifying your skills is a key part of any career, but it’s even more important when you manage a team across three disciplines.
In this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast, I am joined by Tomer Amitai, the SVP, Corporate Treasurer, Head of Insurance and Risk Management at Teva Pharmaceuticals.
Tomer has been in this role since 2018 and he oversees a team of more than 50 professionals globally. Prior to assuming the role of Corporate Treasurer, Tomer served four years as SVP, Corporate Coordination and Support at the Office of the President & CEO of Teva.
Tomer has worked with Teva for nearly 10 years. Prior to joining the Office of the President and CEO, he served as Chief Operating Officer for Teva’s Global Finance Group, and before that he was part of Teva’s Global Treasury team.
Teva Pharmaceuticals has been developing and producing medicines to help improve people’s lives for more than a century. They are committed to being a global leader in generic and specialty medicines with a portfolio of 3,500 products in nearly every therapeutic area. Around 200 million people around the world take a Teva medicine every day.
They are served by one of the largest and most complex supply chains in the pharmaceutical industry. Along with their established presence in generics, they have significant innovative research and operations supporting their growing portfolio of specialty and biopharmaceutical products.
On this episode we discussed…
- Which part of Tomer’s educational background gives him the business edge
- How the shift from law to banking shaped Tomer’s approach to the global market
- Why Tomer took the leap from banking to Treasury
- How a small Israeli manufacturer became a global pharmaceutical leader
- The challenges behind Tomer’s diverse career path
- How Treasury plays a critical role in decision making
- Why Teva’s Treasury, insurance, and risk management are managed under one umbrella
- Tomer’s advice for leading a large team across different disciplines
- How Tomer believes automated technology can change Treasury’s processes
- Why Tomer encourages his team to diversify their skills
- Tomer’s takeaways for developing your skills as a treasurer
If you would like to connect with Tomer, you can find him here on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!