Stephen Hogan, the VP Regional Treasury Asia Pacific at Deutsche Post DHL Group (DPDHL), joins me on this episode of the Treasury Career Corner podcast. We discuss how his can-do attitude has shaped his career path and how saying “yes” has taken his career across the globe.
Originally from the UK, Stephen has been based in Singapore for the last 16 years. He joined DPDHL in 1997 and has held various finance and treasury roles in London and Brussels before relocating to Asia.
Deutsche Post DHL Group is the world’s leading mail and logistics company, employing approximately 550,000 people and servicing customers in over 220 countries and territories worldwide. The group provides an international service portfolio consisting of letter and parcel dispatch, express delivery, freight transport, supply chain management, and e-commerce solutions.
Stephen established the group’s Regional Treasury Centre (RTC), supporting over 140 legal entities in 41 countries across the region. He is currently working on digitalisation initiatives within corporate finance to help the department adapt to virtual challenges and increase working agility.
On the podcast, we discussed…
- Stephen’s interesting introduction to the financial world
- How Stephen shifted from the public service industry to a commercial, global organisation
- How aviation helped to broaden Stephen’s treasury experience
- The transition that moved Stephen to DHL’s global headquarters
- What effect DHL’s acquisition had on its treasury department
- How a temporary position in Asia became a 16-year career
- How quickly treasury has evolved since Stephen first moved to Singapore
- Why Stephen’s yes-man attitude drove his career’s development
- How Stephen’s treasury team supports DHL’s business
- Why digitalisation is the future of the treasury
- Stephen’s words of advice for new treasurers
If you want to connect with Stephen, you can find him on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!