In this week’s episode of the Treasury Career Corner, I had the opportunity to chat with Christian Schmahl, Director of Treasury at Delivery Hero SE.
He began his career as a Treasury Analyst at Groupon in Berlin. Groupon gave him the opportunity to move to Switzerland, where he gained more experience and exposure to the Treasury department.
After seven years at Groupon, he felt it was time to make a change and joined Delivery Hero SE and moved back to his hometown, Berlin.
Ever since Delivery Hero SE started in 2011, they have transformed the way people order food.
With over 600,000 restaurant partners, Delivery Hero is one of the world’s leading online food ordering and delivery service providers.
Their 25,000+ employees all share one common goal: to always deliver an amazing experience. To achieve this goal, they work as one team across almost 30 brands in 40+ countries and are always striving to create, innovate, and grow.
On the podcast we discussed…
- How Christian’s career path grew organically
- The benefits of working abroad as a young person
- How treasury is structured at Delivery Hero SE
- Ways to work with distributed teams in an organization
- What Christian would look for when hiring for a manager position
- Why being flexible is key to fast-paced, dynamic work environments
- Automation, and what Christian’s dream Treasury app would look like
If you would like to connect with Christian, you can find him on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!