Do you want to know how to build a successful career in treasury? Then you’re in luck. We’ve had a look back through our archives to bring you this informative episode full of actionable tips on how to progress in your career.
With over 20 years rising through the ranks in the same company, it’s safe to say that Paul Miseré, the Senior Treasury Director at Medtronic, knows a thing or two about getting ahead.
Drawing from his wealth of experience, Paul takes us through his career and the strategies he used to forge ahead.
Paul joined Medtronic back in 2002 and has worked his way up from being fresh-faced in the industry to being Senior Treasury Director today.
Founded in 1949, Medtronic is a global healthcare solutions company committed to improving lives through its medical technologies, services, and solutions. Since beginning 60 years ago, their mission has remained the same: to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life for people around the world.
To meet the needs of patients and healthcare professionals around the globe, they operate from more than 370 locations in approximately 160 countries.
On the podcast Paul Miseré and I discussed…
- How Paul got his start with Medtronic
- How Paul handled his first leadership role
- Lessons from how Paul manages his team members
- Paul’s take on formal training vs. on the job training
- Paul’s approach to staying innovative after working for one organisation for 20 years
- What key developments Paul sees in the future of treasury
- How Medtronic measures success
- Paul’s advice for people looking to progress in treasury
- How the pandemic has affected Paul’s day-to-day
- How Paul has evolved since taking on a higher role
You can connect with Paul on LinkedIn.
Are you interested in pursuing a career within Treasury?
Whether you’ve recently graduated, or you want to search for new job opportunities to help develop your treasury career, The Treasury Recruitment Company can help you in your search for the perfect job. Find out more here. Or, send us your CV and let us help you in your next career move!
If you’re enjoying the show please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on, for Apple Podcasts click here!